Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Modified deployment zones NTW: v0.4 Updated 18 Aug 2012

roy64's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Modified deployment zones NTW: v0.4 Updated 18 Aug 2012

Why don't you use Albtraum23 deployment zones instead?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0f...ment_Zones.rar
    Leicestershire

Necro post here, but could someone please upload a working download link?

This link worked for me as at 04-Dec-17:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0f3c3k...ment_Zones.rar

does that limk work for empire as well?

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: Modified deployment zones NTW: v0.3

What these two posts is all about has to do with the Warscape engine as it uses too small, narrowed, deployment zones if one compared how it is in ETW.

In ETW the deployment zones are large both in depth and length, not necessarily wider, but it's enough large.

In NTW the deployment zones are not meant to be for large armies, definitely not when playing the Peninsula Campaign and that can sometimes trigger the landscape bug as I call it. What is causing the landscape bug to happen has nothing to do with mods and can only happen when the player decided to play a battle.

I've tested this for more than a year and I concluded that it's too narrowed deployment zones in NTW that triggers the ladnscape bug regardless if one are using mods or playing plain vanilla, so increasing the deployment zones in depth might correct the landscape bug in NTW. But being someone who has very little modding knowledge and experience I don't know how to do it myself, however, I am willing to test it and provide feedback. Should a modder wanted to correct the deployment zones in NTW.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Vi-Riachi View Post
    Nice mod but the normal version like others said the starting positions are too far apart.

Tried the closer deployment mod but it crashes more. Is this mod due an update at some stage?
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Cyr View Post
    SIGH

Got another CTD here, this time from a battle (Me as the Russians versus Ottomans) in rough broken terrain with a bunch of plateaus on it. I know I have had other CTDs from battles in this type of terrain before too, but I never had a good save of it. Just like the river battles, the game doesn't like the new deployment zones in this odd type of terrain.

I've attached a save made during the pre-battle screen,so Baron, let me know if you need a saved leading up to the battle instead.

(Again, the ONLY mod I use is the lastest version of Jam's NER, and I'm using the close version of the mod)

To sum it: I favor larger deployment zones with more depth similiar to how it is in ETW.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

How to download the pack file please?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567