Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Modified deployment zones NTW: v0.4 Updated 18 Aug 2012

Default Re: Modified deployment zones NTW: v0.3

First of all HELLO to everyone interested in this mod.
    Personally I hate how distance is short in vannila game...but with this mod you actually get a chance for some strategyic movement...unfortunately since the release of first version of this mod I ve been reading alot about this CTDs which sadly are the reason why I didnt implement this mod in my game.
    My humble opinion is that this project should be at the top of priorities for all the moders...fixing this CTDs. Unfortunately only our dear Sir, Baron von Beer is working on it.
    We all know that two heads are smarter than just one so it would be nice if a mod team could be organized to solve the problems of this mod.
    Thanx for reading and good bay.

Thoragoros's Avatar Citizen

A TWEAK?!?!?! They regard Baron's work as a TWEAK?!?! Do they realize how much work went into this and how many game files this changed?

My God! I can't believe this. These new forum setups are really disheartening.
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

Where Gods Walk Among Men
    The Line of Thor
    Patron of: Bethencourt, Hip63, m_1512

Under the Patronage of Captain Blackadder, Member of the Legion of Rahl.

keminsky's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Al Samoud View Post
    First of all HELLO to everyone interested in this mod.
    Personally I hate how distance is short in vannila game...but with this mod you actually get a chance for some strategyic movement...unfortunately since the release of first version of this mod I ve been reading alot about this CTDs which sadly are the reason why I didnt implement this mod in my game.
    My humble opinion is that this project should be at the top of priorities for all the moders...fixing this CTDs. Unfortunately only our dear Sir, Baron von Beer is working on it.
    We all know that two heads are smarter than just one so it would be nice if a mod team could be organized to solve the problems of this mod.
    Thanx for reading and good bay.
    hello Samoud

yeah u are right ,the first releases of this mod in etw were not very stable too and this one here, specificaly 103 one, is more ctd free, but
    ... we must consider each one's DATA folder content

>>>>>>>>>a tip: if you use 103 version of this with latest sir Brig work, renders 6a, it will crash ..because both mods conflict

here's a link for the ones using Brig's renders6a of a tuned version of Modif\ Dep\ Zones of sir von Beer mod tuned by me:

http://www.2shared.com/file/xRgmOlf6...nadas103B.html

PLUS ,,to the ones who don't work much with PFM, an authorized modification of sir Brig's renders 6a tuned for compatibility with Modif\ dep zones

http://www.2shared.com/file/eyfCdk5G...LOYCOMPAT.html

i hope this helps the players in the explained situation

cheers
    Last edited by keminsky; July 01, 2010 at 10:25 AM. Reason: information complementation
    ladrão que rouba a ladrão..é ladrão

Hey, is this mod still compadable after patch4.pack?
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

Default Re: Modified deployment zones NTW: v0.2

Great mod!

♔Marshal Beale♔ : should be, its working fine for me

Where I put the file that I have downloaded? And do I have to add something to the user script?

antred's Avatar Senator

Question, is there a way to alter deployment zones so that I never have to deal with those extremely narrow deployment zones where you have to bunch up your army in a zone that is barely 100 meters deep?

Brips's Avatar Ducenarius

Rabom battle loading CTD when mod used.
    All map textures improved mod(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=395355
    Real crazy medieval music (4pages!):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389092
    More war horn sounds(MTW2,DLV)!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=229015
    More Loading screens MEGA pack Team!(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389893
    Mods Oblivion and Fallout3:
    Tape "Brips" on nexus then go to author name "Brips".

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Amazing job! Two thumbs up!
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

thanks for the mod , this is needed for 40 v 40 battles,, thanks for all your hard work

Armand94's Avatar Libertus

Is this working with Lme 2.0?

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

I would say yes.

But for what i'm looking at your pics in the first page the defenders have really little DZ.

I have tried the second close version and still had CTD with battles. I deleted it for now.It is however hugely valuable especially on ultra unit sixe settings and river crossings so please look into the CTD problem we need this mod! Thanks Baron!!
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

kerrfox's Avatar Civis

I try and enjoy other's mods .. but I keep coming back to your mods. Another masterpiece! Well done.

Oh ..BTW .. to those who claim the enlarged starting positions are too far I would suggest playing the game without using a viewpoint 100 or so feet above your units. If you limit your viewpoint to just 'a bit' above any unit you will find the enemy much, much harder to see.. making it much harder to properly deploy, see his flanking movements, etc.
    Remember "realism" is what this mod is all about no? You'll also appreciate why light cavalry was called the "eyes of the army" as your best chance of seeing the enemy is to position your Lt Cav where they have a good line-of-sight. The larger deployment zones make this all the more "interesting" as terrain can mask the enemy's movement if you limit your sight of the battlefied to an elevation that is more realistic. Think of the Rome TW battles in forests .. confusing .. hard to see what the enemy's up to ... nothing like having several enemy units "come out of nowhere" on your flank... great fun.

Default Re: Modified deployment zones NTW: v0.4

Update released in first post, v0.4, "z_Modified_Deployment_Zones.zip", fixes a CTD issue on the non-close/distant version.

Live2sculpt's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Modified deployment zones NTW: v0.4 Updated 18 Aug 2012

Thank you Baron! (Nobody posts on this thread anymore, though everyone still uses this mod.)

Finally got around to repping you for this mod that I've been enjoying for a long time.
    QUESTION:
    Not to seem ungrateful but you'd know better than most; What are the roadblocks to making the campaign maps even BIGGER? Scenario maps are built differently, but the example of the extra large maps made by Desaix and other Lordz leads me to ask why we can't hope to have such expansive ranges from our campaign.
    Surely there is a reason that the key reference files attribute.tga, deployment.tga, and terrain.tga, can't all be simply ENLARGED. But I'm curious to know why.

??
    Last edited by Live2sculpt; March 09, 2013 at 04:22 PM.

complutum's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Modified deployment zones NTW: v0.4 Updated 18 Aug 2012

where can i download this mod?

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Modified deployment zones: v0.15

Can't someone reupload the mod somewhere ? Or send it to me, I'll do it.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast