Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Modified deployment zones NTW: v0.4 Updated 18 Aug 2012

Default Re: Modified deployment zones NTW: v0.25

It is a very good mod but i have ctds and ramdom crashes in battle since new DLC.

Thoragoros's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by heliogabalo View Post
    It is a very good mod but i have ctds and ramdom crashes in battle since new DLC.
    Yes, they are rare but they are there, a great mod otherwise, though.
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

Where Gods Walk Among Men
    The Line of Thor
    Patron of: Bethencourt, Hip63, m_1512

Under the Patronage of Captain Blackadder, Member of the Legion of Rahl.

is it possible to deploy on the whole field ?

This is an excellent mod and made the battles so much more realistic but I was also experiencing continual ctds since the last patch so much so that I had to remove the mod (and have had no ctds since). I really would wish to run the mod again. I appreciate the work involved, but is there any chance of a fix?

Been working at it without luck so far. If anyone can upload a save prior to a CTD inducing battle to a post here (rar/zip the save file, then use the "Go advanced" feature in the quick reply window at the bottom of the forums here, manage attachments and upload the pertinent file) it would make isolating the troubles much faster.

+rep seems to directly influence AI behavior jmho

Quote Originally Posted by trk View Post
    +rep seems to directly influence AI behavior jmho
    It might just be me, but when the AI started off with it's guns in range it would just unlimber and start blasting - regardless of what topography might be in the way. The result was that enemy arty played no part in battles until I'd routed everything else and sent some cavalry their way. However, I noticed in a battle in open rolling countryside that when they start off out of range they seem to move into range AND to somewhere where they have LoS.

Anyone else seen evidence of this?

Quote Originally Posted by dfeal View Post
    Really loved playing with your mod, but it doesn't appear to work with the new patch. Now I'm really missing the large areas. The old standards ones are just too small. Can you please advise how to make your mod work with the new patch? TIA!
    This is really odd. Just can't seem to get this mod to work. I thought maybe it was because I was using the All Battle Maps mod so I disabled that but still no joy.

The only other mods I have are the Blood mod, AUM + UPC.

dfeal, did you have any luck getting it working ?

guys, are you sure deployment mod is responsible for CTDs? i'm playing with NER0.73 and v0.25,and so far i didnt had any...

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Ok this is my views on this mod, I had one CTD!! my first one ever having tested numerous mods in custom battle, played a second battle and all worked 100%, need some further testing to decide if i use or not? great mod any way Baron and +Rep mate

St. Cyr's Avatar Biarchus

Okay, finally I got around to getting a save of a CTD situation that I think comes from this mod.

The ONLY mods I use are: Jam's NER mod 0.73, and this mod, the CLOSE version. I've never had a crash due to the NER mod or playing vanilla, so I think that is completely unrelated.

I'm playing as the French...you will see I have an army near Kiev in Russia commanded by Gen. Massena....take this army and attack across the river the nearby Russian army, I think it's led by a Jacob Kulnev....basically...it CTD's everytime I have the deployment mod installed, but if I delete it, the battle goes fine.

The CTD occurs in the pre-battle loading screen.

Thanks, hope that helps.

Thanks St. Cyr. Will have at it ASAP. Hope to have a fix out this week.

OK here we go,this is what i think and i hope someone could say otherwise cos i liked this idea and downloaded it and it looks good and even more confortable when attacking or even defending But i have seen things that didnt happen before. For starters i think that when u have a deployment zone you kinda fall within cannon range and the enemy sorta activate like this but without it, i have gone around in order to avoid some of their cannons and they dont move at all like in the pic here.
    They only notice me when i deploy my cannons. Also with no zone some of the units (enemy) are separated from the rest thus making it easier.
    Last edited by neoiq5719; April 07, 2010 at 08:37 AM.

Default Re: Modified deployment zones NTW: v0.3

v0.3 uploaded. Fixed CTD involving River crossings. Hopefully. Only known CTD I was able to test against was the save St. Cyr sent me, and it seems to like v0.3, or at least be indifferent enough to allow the battle to be fought. Thanks again St. Cyr, would have repped you for the save, but says I have to wait to rep you again... So as soon as it lets me, + rep.

@Neoiq5719: Do you mean when using the deployment zones, they just face forward, never adjusting to your own maneuvers? (Like in your screenshot, were you initially off on the right where their main body is facing, and when you moved around the left they just happily remained facing to the right?)

Unfortunately not witnessed it personally. If the larger deployment zones cause this behavior, I have no means of resolving beyond returning to stock sizes, as it is on the AI side. I will keep my eyes open nonetheless to see if I can reproduce it, only so much time to play, and thus so few battles to serve as my testing foundation.
    Last edited by Baron von Beer; April 07, 2010 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Beer View Post
    v0.3 uploaded. Fixed CTD involving River crossings. Hopefully. Only known CTD I was able to test against was the save St. Cyr sent me, and it seems to like v0.3, or at least be indifferent enough to allow the battle to be fought. Thanks again St. Cyr, would have repped you for the save, but says I have to wait to rep you again... So as soon as it lets me, + rep.

@Neoiq5719: Do you mean when using the deployment zones, they just face forward, never adjusting to your own maneuvers? (Like in your screenshot, were you initially off on the right where their main body is facing, and when you moved around the left they just happily remained facing to the right?)

Unfortunately not witnessed it personally. If the larger deployment zones cause this behavior, I have no means of resolving beyond returning to stock sizes, as it is on the AI side. I will keep my eyes open nonetheless to see if I can reproduce it, only so much time to play, and thus so few battles to serve as my testing foundation.
    Correct, i have only seen this using this mod.

In the first post it looks like there are two different downloads but when I open them I have the same exact file name and size for both. It looks like you have the regular version on both links? I am looking for the close one to try again. I got annoyed with the CTD's and removed it but I just can't stand it anymore and will give it a go again. I will try and save often just in case.
    "What a place to plunder!" Gebhard Lebrecht Von Blücher on viewing London from St. Paul's after the peace banquet at Oxford

Protector's Avatar Senator

Hi,

will not work for me. I tested in custom battle.

I put your .pack file as usual into my data folder - no change still vanilla deployment size.

I add the needed line into my script folder - still no change its still vanilla deployment size.

Any idea ?

What could help to make it work or does it work only within campaign for some reason ?

Quote Originally Posted by Protector View Post
    Hi,

will not work for me. I tested in custom battle.

I put your .pack file as usual into my data folder - no change still vanilla deployment size.

I add the needed line into my script folder - still no change its still vanilla deployment size.

Any idea ?

What could help to make it work or does it work only within campaign for some reason ?
    from the first post:
    "Here's a test release of the modified deployment zones I've been tinkering with. These are for campaign battles, not custom/MP battle maps."

Protector's Avatar Senator

O.K.

I got it.

it seems that only the enemy has the modified deployment zones, my zones are still vanilla so way smaller than the enemy can deploy in the field.
    can this problem been solved or is it a bug or what?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast