Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Modified deployment zones NTW: v0.4 Updated 18 Aug 2012

Default Re: Modified deployment zones NTW: v0.2

i just added link to your thread at my first post with recommendation to use it game is much more interesting with some maneuvering space

Nanny de Bodemloze's Avatar Treason is just dates
    Artifex

my game has completely changed with this mod. This starts to narrow the gap with the BAI...the AI now has a chance to changeup their formation before I'm in their face with artillery. This means that, when I'm attacking, I'm now up against an enemy in a better defensive stance than before. I'm finding this is significantly increasing the challenge. Combined with Luntik's BAI, I'm actually sweating many battles now. Thanks so much von Beer!

Cheers!

Nanny

agranel's Avatar Civis

Icon7 Re: Modified deployment zones: v0.2

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Beer View Post
    agranel, yep was working on the ETW version. Just uploaded it. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...37#post6967437

Haven't had much time to test, but seems to be working OK.

Your're great! Thanks again!

Thoragoros's Avatar Citizen

Hey man, thanks for giving me the go ahead to include your larger deployment zones in Total Combat! I just thought I would give you the heads up that Total Combat 2.1B has been released with your mod, and I have to say, you have REALLY done some excellent work!

All Hail Baron Von Beer!
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

Where Gods Walk Among Men
    The Line of Thor
    Patron of: Bethencourt, Hip63, m_1512

Under the Patronage of Captain Blackadder, Member of the Legion of Rahl.

So whats the overall opinion on those who have used both versions ?
    Is the closer starting postions better than the longer ones ?
    Can't decide which to use doh !!!

St. Cyr's Avatar Biarchus

Baron:

I hate to accuse your mod of causing problems, but ever since switching to the .2 version of the close version of your mod, sometimes in the loading screen for a battle, the game will crash to desktop.

When I remove your mod, the crashes never occur, so I really think it might be the inclusion of that mystery battle type you talked about adding in in the .2 version. Could that be whats giving me crashes?

BrodY's Avatar Semisalis

Sweet! No more instant bombardment/sniping!

Quote Originally Posted by St. Cyr View Post
    Baron:

I hate to accuse your mod of causing problems, but ever since switching to the .2 version of the close version of your mod, sometimes in the loading screen for a battle, the game will crash to desktop.

When I remove your mod, the crashes never occur, so I really think it might be the inclusion of that mystery battle type you talked about adding in in the .2 version. Could that be whats giving me crashes?
    Same here...Previous version works just fine...

It's quite possible, and would seem to be quite probable. Were these battles field, siege, etc? If only so I can nail down just what kind of battle is using that set of deployment templates. If siege, were you attacking, did they sally, relief army, etc? Thx! Will put the previous version back up tonight.
    Last edited by Baron von Beer; March 21, 2010 at 07:34 PM.

It occurred a few times for me in various circumstances, but the most recent battle was taking place in the field, I was attacking, it was just a regular battle, no sallys, strange circumstances or anything.

Everytime I attempted to fight the battle, the game would crash while loading up the battlefield. After that, I deleted your mod, loaded up the save again, fought the battle, and it worked fine.

It seems likely that something in the game doesn't like what you changed in the 0.2 update, because before that the mod was working just fine.

Default Re: Modified deployment zones NTW: v0.25

Thanks again St. Cyr. Just uploaded a reverted set. Should you have the chance to give it a go, please let me know if the CTDs persist. (IE, if I missed reverting a file..... )

I'm turning into Mr. Buzzkill.

I got another CTD during battle load up screen, just another regular field battle using 0.25 version.

Deleted your mod, reloaded, battle fought out as normal.

The only other mod I'm using is Jam's NER 6.2, and that shouldn't be conflicting with this mod at all.

I had no problems before with the earlier version (whatever one was before 0.2).

As this mod is related to deployment zones, I'd like to know if it's possible to make reinforcements deploy together and not one unit by one unit. I know if you have 20 units already in the battlefield, it's not possible but if you have 10 units and then 5 units come as reinforcements, could they come in one wave instead one after the other one ?
    Because it's really annoying when you have to deploy one by one your reinforcements while you're fighting on the other side, and the general comes the first, that's dangerous when this is behind ennemies line, you lose your general without anything to do.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Cyr View Post
    I'm turning into Mr. Buzzkill.

I got another CTD during battle load up screen, just another regular field battle using 0.25 version.

Deleted your mod, reloaded, battle fought out as normal.

The only other mod I'm using is Jam's NER 6.2, and that shouldn't be conflicting with this mod at all.

I had no problems before with the earlier version (whatever one was before 0.2).

St. Cyr, Do you have winzip or winrar etc, and if so, would it be possible for you to pack a copy of your save and attach it to a post on here for me to examine? It would make it a lot easier for me to see which template is being used here and track down the culprit. If that isn't possible, please keep a copy of the save at least, and I'll put together a more creative way of pinpointing which template it is.

No buzzkill by any means. I should think getting ready for a battle only to end up staring at the desktop would be the buzz kill.

Quote Originally Posted by leviath View Post
    Because it's really annoying when you have to deploy one by one your reinforcements while you're fighting on the other side, and the general comes the first, that's dangerous when this is behind ennemies line, you lose your general without anything to do.
    In ETW you could change the order that the units appeared on the battlefield by clicking and dragging the reinforcements unit cards on the pre-battle window. Haven't tried it in NTW but I guess it'll still work the same.

♔ST0MPA♔'s Avatar Ordinarius

Hi great mod. One question, will this desync drop in battles if I am the only one using it?
    "Yeah tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death; I shall fear no evil... for I'm the meanest sonofa in the valley."

Really loved playing with your mod, but it doesn't appear to work with the new patch. Now I'm really missing the large areas. The old standards ones are just too small. Can you please advise how to make your mod work with the new patch? TIA!

BrodY's Avatar Semisalis

I use it with the DLC :O

Just a suggestion: since you're only editing the deployment.tga files, you could just include those files in the mod pack. Makes for a smaller pack, less likely for something to get corrupted somehow and easier to blend with other mods. I stripped everything but the deployment files out of the attachment below; it still works great.

I just wanna thank the creator of this mod,it's a great improvement for the game,now playing battle's in campaign

is much more realistic and accurate,with a great possibility of manouver your army,it gives a deeper immersion to this game.

thank's again Sir!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast