Thread: Oddities in Income?

Default Oddities in Income?

I started a turn with 4400 in projected income.

I liberated a region, made a trade agreement with them, fought 4 battles which reduced my troop upkeep, ended a rebellion, made a few builds and repairs, and at the end of the turn my projected income had dropped to 3300.

Nothing in the ministers category changed. I added no regions. The things I did should have resulted in a higher projected income, shouldn’t they?

What aspects of the economic game am I missing?

Default Re: Oddities in Income?

Check out your expenses for townwatcht. If you have many unhappy people it will skyrock

Yes, I know but that should have not increased in this situation.

Town watch is only 277 and didn’t make any difference.

Something I did effected my income by 1100.

I acquired a protectorate which should have added around 300

I established a trade agreement worth about 375.

I lost troops which should have resulted in less upkeep.

When the protectorate was established I gained three units with and upkeep of around 400 but instead of having an income of about 4700 ( 5100 - 400) I got one of 3300.

Something cost me 700 but I can’t figure out what it could have been.

nosey aka lord welington's Avatar Tiro

units have the same upkeep if the have 2 or 200 men
    proud to be dutch

Quote Originally Posted by nosey aka lord welington View Post

That is good to know. So I didn’t up my totals by losing men but what happened to the 700 I should have gotten.

Do protectorates come whit an administrative penalty? Is there one in this game like in ETW?

There is nothing showing what might have happened.

Is a trade route being raided?

No, No trade route being raided.

It all occurred in one turn. NOT one turn to the next.

At the start of the turn I have a projected income of 4400 and change. I took the actions described in the first post and then had a projected income of 3300 and change.

Some action there caused a net loss of some 700. Actually more when you consider I gained a protectorate and a trade partner while having to pay 400 for units I gained.

Discovering what caused it could make a big difference in how I approach the game from an economic standpoint.

Some things dont update during the turn. End turn and see if there are changes have been made

I did go on and it was an accurate projection. The money just flew the coop.

I just wish I knew what I did to bring it on.

Quote Originally Posted by nosey aka lord welington View Post
    Really annoying that they've changed this for NTW. I loved my 6-men units in ETW, excellent for garrison duty

oh crap they changed the upkeep thing? that sucks + less realistic imo

and I'd not know what could change your income like this if it's not a raided trade route, sunken merchant ship, raided or sabotaged resource/trade buildings... not ministers...

Having high taxes ultimately lowers town wealth but not so drastically each turn, do you have automanage taxes on? I think the answer must lie somewhere with the taxes + policing costs

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Presumably when you liberated the region you were given a couple of troops. Now, while these troops probably didn't require a whole 1100 in upkeep, they may have contributed towards your loss of income unless you disbanded them.

More regions means lower tax returns on all your regions, it's called administration costs. There's a tech or two that reduces the effects of it I believe.

Edit: your income drop is probably the cumulative effect of all of those listed above. The little things sure do add up..