Thread: THE TRAFALGAR FLEET FIX FOR COALITION CAMPAIGN V1.1

Icon1 THE TRAFALGAR FLEET FIX FOR COALITION CAMPAIGN V1.1

Trafalgar Fleet fix v1.1
    - SPQR-Boy

Basically the first thing i noticed about Great Britain is the disgracefull representation of Nelson's fleet. I really care most about there being an HMS Victory - which i know Swisshalberdier has made, but i want it Nelson's flagship from the start. So what i've done is:

CHANGES:

1.1 -17/3/10
    - NAMES: Changed Villeneuve's French Flagship to 'Formidable'
    - French 2IC to 'Algeciras'
    - 1st French 74 gun to 'Neptune'
    - British 2IC First Rate to 'Royal Sovereign'
    - British first 98 gun Second Rate to 'Britannia'
    -
    British second 98 gun Second Rate to 'Temeraire'
    - British 80 Gun Third to 'Thunderer'
    - British 74 Third to 'Agamemnon'

1.0 - 11/3/10
    - Changed Nelson's Flagship from a 122 gun First Rate to a 106 Gun First Rate
    - Changed its name to 'Victory'
    - Made the 106 gun ship in the fleet a 122 gun ship instead.
    This is just a start to the Trafalgar fleet, and the rest aren't named correctly yet, but its a start.

INSTALLATION: This is in the form of a replacement startpos. file, so you'll just need to go C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\napoleon total war\data\campaigns\mp_eur_napoleon -> then replace the existing one with mine.
    Last edited by ♠ Thomas Cochrane ♠; March 17, 2010 at 05:51 AM.

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

Default Re: HMS Victory fix for coalition campaign

Good idea. Has it a description? And is the file compatible to other language versions?

And will you work on the mod, maybe add a unique texture?
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

Default Re: HMS Victory fix for coalition campaign

Yeah at this stage my aim is to correctly place and name the ships in the starting fleet, like the royal sovereign and the Temeraire and so on. I'll also do the same to Villeneuve's and the Spanish fleet - without making the fleets larger than they are so as not to affect gameplay more than slightly

-SPQR

Default Re: THE TRAFALGAR FLEET FIX FOR COALITION CAMPAIGN V1.1

New version 1.1 added 17 Mar.
    NEW DL Link added
    -SPQR

i think british fleet with HMS in the name is no problem

I thought Villeneuve's Flagship was the Bucentaure, which was a 80 gun ship.

Proud to be a real Prussian.

In answer to both questions:
    I've got the names of the ships from the UPC ship_names. Problem is that they don't include 'Redoubtable' OR 'Bucentaure', as well as many other HMS names and spanish ones. Sure i could easily change some of the existing ones to be the ones we want, but then as soon as Swisshalberdier updates the UPC they'll be overwritten with the old ones. I plan to keep working on the miniproject and i'll ask Swiss to include the ship_names once i gather the whole list of ships from the Battle of Trafalgar whose names are not yet present. In regards to to 80 gun flagship as opposed to the current 122 gun, the early mod is purely text based and deliberately doesn't change gameplay.....yet.

hope this answers your questions mates
    -SPQR

Thank you for this mod, very important to me.
    2k18
    Bigger & Badder.

Nice idea! May I add this to the TROM2 mod?

Prince of Essling's Avatar Napoleonic Enthusiast
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by ♠ Thomas Cochrane ♠ View Post
    In answer to both questions:
    I've got the names of the ships from the UPC ship_names. Problem is that they don't include 'Redoubtable' OR 'Bucentaure', as well as many other HMS names and spanish ones. Sure i could easily change some of the existing ones to be the ones we want, but then as soon as Swisshalberdier updates the UPC they'll be overwritten with the old ones. I plan to keep working on the miniproject and i'll ask Swiss to include the ship_names once i gather the whole list of ships from the Battle of Trafalgar whose names are not yet present. In regards to to 80 gun flagship as opposed to the current 122 gun, the early mod is purely text based and deliberately doesn't change gameplay.....yet.

hope this answers your questions mates
    -SPQR
    List of British ships at http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....l_IV_P_026.htm
    List of Franco-Spanish ships at http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....l_IV_P_028.htm
    These are taken from the Naval history of Great Britain - Vol. IV by William James

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis View Post
    Nice idea! May I add this to the TROM2 mod?
    sure, go for your life.
    This minimod was done as a real preliminary, im currently working on a version of the Napoleon Order of War startpos which includes these changes and further implementations.
    ALSO, i'm doing the startpos for Revolution: Order of War, in which i'm basing the starting fleets around the Glorious First of June, as the mod takes place during the previous decade. check it out!

Le Loup de Mers
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse

Yay! Nelson's correct fleet + England Expects + Late October = Real Trafalgar!
    :Churchill:
    Thanks man +rep

Markmilan's Avatar Civis

Hi, just getting into a Napoleon campaign.

Is this mod still active, used it before and was really good but can't see a link?

Thanks