Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ney

Default Ney

hey guys in my French Campaign some basted assinated Ney and every turn i get like 10 building sabotaged and its starting to get annoying is there a way for counter espionage.

Default Re: Ney

Have spies in your army guarding your generals. You then might have a chance to defend those generals. Spies are very over powered in the game. I hope that CA will fix this.
    Officer to a soldier who refuses to fight: There three types of soldiers who don't have to fight. They are called KIA, MIA and POW and you are not one of them.

Tosa will be missed.

Wally's Avatar Semisalis

Hmmm thanks for the warning I better get my spies to Napoleon, Ney and other General staff lol.

Senator

Dont worry about Napoleon, he is non killable, guard others.

There is a no spy mod which removes the assasinate option for spies. Alternatively the same guy also made the chance of spies spawning much less so there are less assasinations/sabotages.

It isn't like I don't enjoy the new spy abilities but the chances of losing people to assassination seems to be way up there.

I have had spies in cities and still had it happen. I had a spy with Napoleon when he was hit. I had one with Bernadotte when he was offed. And I have never stopped, foiled, or even seen the agents that were doing it.

Sabotage has not been a serious problem. Keeping Generals is a problem. If it were just up to me I would tone down the chances of a successful killing quite a bit from what I have observed.

Too right. The assasination of top ranking Generals is too silly. I have lost 3 Generals so far to Spys, how many Marshals and Generals do we know of in this period that actually succumbed to the assassins blade. I can recall none.
    I think that the Generals should be immune to assassination. The spys should rely on spying and the assassination of other spys, gentlemen etc. I know that this is a game and all that but it is so frustrating to march a General all the way from Moscow to the battle front only to have him fall to an assassin 1 turn later.
    Its not a deal breaker but it just a silly feature and should be stopped or severly limited.

Yea i lost Ney in like 1805 he didn't even get to waterloo

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Roland View Post
    how many Marshals and Generals do we know of in this period that actually succumbed to the assassins blade. I can recall none
    Kleber, of course, but that was in Egypt, by an Egyptian, not at the instigation of a European government.

11 generals.....5 turns, (Wellington twice) in the mid to late game as GB, so my general availability was at it's highest. It was the first effective thing the AI had done to stop me on the mainland, but seriously, a little OP imo.

I lost 6 in the first 10 turns. Nappy was just the first. But he comes back to life.

The ability to stop an army’s movement is much more valuable to me and the AI has done it zero times.

Of course if you had armies that you couldn’t move for 6 turns you would likely be screaming louder than losing half a dozen generals.

Just remember that you can sabotage enemy armies movement.

Yea iv yet to succeed in doing that.

Wally's Avatar Semisalis

Have you guys lost General(s) due to assassin on N/N? I haven't yet but I have lost 2 Generals during the battle 1 was trapped in the woods and other killed due to cannon ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Have you guys lost General(s) due to assassin on N/N? I haven't yet but I have lost 2 Generals during the battle 1 was trapped in the woods and other killed due to cannon ball.
    The campaign difficulty does not seem to effect the likelihood of spies killing your generals.

I have started campaigns at all levels and it mostly effects cash and diplomacy, not agents and bonuses for them.

The BAI gets bonuses as the difficulty goes up but not the agents in the campaign.

Yes I have lost Generals on N and on E as well as H & VH.

Aeneas Veneratio's Avatar Protector Domesticus

In my campaign as Prussia I never had a single succesful assassination attempt on any of my generals throughout the entire time (current year: 1811). In my recent campaign as Great Britain Wellington was wounded, while I was recovering at Hannover (protectorate) after a glorious victory on Fyn (Central Island - Denmark) against two almost full stacks of Danes.
    R2TW stance: Ceterum autem censeo res publica delendam esse

how many Marshals and Generals do we know of in this period that actually succumbed to the assassins blade?
    Well, do you count the National Convention, the Directory or Fouché as assassins?

Pichegru (general) was found strangled, Paul I (emperor) was choked and trampled, Spencer Perceval (prime minister) was shot, Gustavus III (king) was wounded and died later when the wound became infected, Axel von Fersen (Lt. General) was beaten to death... but all of these people were killed by their fellow countrymen. Napoleon himself was almost assassinated numerous times by both internal and foreign powers and a lot of people certainly argue that the British succeeded with their dread wallpaper.

Most strategic agents in the TW games have been unrealistic anomalies, IMHO. They are a unfortunate legacy from the briljant first game, Shogun TW, where perhaps a case could be made for the inclusion of exotic and interesting agents like geisha's and ninja's. But we've been stuck with them ever since.

Political murder at the behest of a rival nation has never been very big in Europe. Murder at the hand of your own countrymen was an altogether different matter, as a previous poster pointed out.

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

It would generally have been considered very bad form to murder a general in an underhand way. People fought each other like gentlemen in the Napoleonic age; when Nelson was retreating having failed to attack Santa Cruz de Tenerife, the Spanish commander of the garrison, General Gutiérrez, lent him two ships to help him to withdraw.

just use this. It stops the problem for me
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=338905

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by Jihada View Post
    just use this. It stops the problem for me
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=338905
    Except that it shouldn't:
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47 View Post
    Update: The mod to diable spys from having the assasinate ability doesnt work by either method.
    There is some other tables that cant be read yet by PFM that might have somewhere where I can disable assasinate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast