Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 11/03/10 - DLV 6.2 Choose Heir 1.0b

Default 11/03/10 - DLV 6.2 Choose Heir 1.0b

Not sure how many of you have looked at this thread (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=257175) which is setting faction heir to your preference and it got me into the mood to try it out myself, so I did.

DLV 6.2 CHOOSE HEIR 1.0b README

###################
    #TABLE OF CONTENTS#
    ###################

I. ABOUT

II. INSTALLATION

III. CHANGE LOG

IV. CREDITS

#######
    #ABOUT#
    #######

I came across a thread in the mod workshop, discussing how Authority may be related to who is picked as your

faction's next heir. So, I went into the Ancillary files, and started looking around.

In the DLV Ancillaries, there was already such thing, that being {heir_orb} and add's +7 Authority to

whomever posses it.

What I have done is I have added this Ancillary to each faction heir, which can then be passed on to their

son, and in doing so, having him hopefully be the successor.

I.e. - Faction Leader - Bob
    Faction Heir - George
    Faction Heir's Son - Timmy

Now, when Bob dies, from old age or battle, his son George would become leader, and George's son Timmy,

should become the new heir.

In order for the Ancillary to be transfered, the target has to be of age.

Not sure if the Heir's son will become the next heir if he dies.

NOTE: The process by which heirs are chosen is not 100% definitive. This is merely a way to try and influene

the engine in picking the heir you have given the Ancillary.

##############
    #INSTALLATION#
    ##############

1. Backup your /mod/DLV_ext folder

2. Unrar DLV_6.2_Choose_Heir_1.0b.rar into your DLV_ext folder

############
    #CHANGE LOG#
    ############

v1.0b-

-Added {heir_orb} ancillary to each faction heir.

#########
    #CREDITS#
    #########

Dues lo Vult Team - For the Awesome mod, of course.
    konny - For the theory of Authority being detrmining factor in choosing next heir
    Everyone else in the thread for their efforts and research

As said, this method is not 100% confirmed, so please don't be upset with me if this doesn't work to your expectations, or seems to work, but halfway through a campaign decides to make a distant relative Faction Heir instead.

All of the factors that decide a faction heir are not quite understood yet.

Please let me know how this works for you, so for for me it's worked fairly well and I am pleased with it.

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Default Re: 11/03/10 - DLV 6.2 Choose Heir 1.0b

I really like the sound of this, well done bringing it to DLV

Cool idea of Konny's
    Last edited by Taiji; March 12, 2010 at 10:03 AM.

Thanks Taiji!

It SHOULD, again, SHOULD work fairly well. So far, my heir has always become the one given the Ancillary.

I'd like to hear other feedback and see if it works out as well, and if not, see if I can't find out how heirs are chosen, for sure.

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Gracul's post goes into detail about how it works.

It's a really cool thing you've done bringing it to DLV +rep

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Does it work for 6.3 Beta1?

and is it save compitable?

Interesting indeed.
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Not save compatible, though I will do a version for 6.3.

La Bestia Von Garlet's Avatar Tiro

Wow, really nice idea!!!

So you have to transfer the ancillary to the one you want to be the next heir... is it working for you?

I will try this tonight.

Indefinitely Banned

could you make one of these for the historical campaign too? Not sure if it works because there is only the imperial_campaign descr_strat included in that download, brilliant work btw ^^

EDIT:

this isn't compatible with the grammar fix pack either by Dermont, - maybe you could both work together and make a pack that includes both?
    Last edited by Sensei Kiisu; March 15, 2010 at 03:47 PM.

Sure thing Sensei Kiisu.

I'm still researching, and seeing how, 100% that the heirs are chosen.

Lovely work!

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Demont View Post
    Sure thing Sensei Kiisu.

I'm still researching, and seeing how, 100% that the heirs are chosen.
    I'm not sure you made the ancillaries give authority with the release I downloaded which means they're pointless in making a faction heir work, or maybe I just missed them, - still the ancillary does appear and it is transferable (:

Ideas:

you could also make the retinue more valuable by adding bonuses to it, since a general can only have 8 max, and there are far more better ones than just +2 loyalty - I have made a very stable version for TA:TW, which add;

Loyalty +2 (The faction heir will of course be more loyal to the throne)
    Authority +8 (To make sure the chances of him becoming faction heir are more reliable)
    Local Popularity +2 (The people tend to worship the heir as well as the leader )
    Troop Morale +1 (Your soldiers will fight harder for the heir of the Kingdom),

Finally, if you haven't added a script yet for if someone dies and they thus lose the ancillary, you can use this one of mine, (for the export_descr_ancillaries file)

Trigger Script
    ;----------------------------------------------
    Trigger heir_orb
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd
    Condition EndedInSettlement
    and IsFactionLeader
    and TimeInRegion > 1
    and not FactionwideAncillaryExists heir_orb

AcquireAncillary heir_orb chance 100

So basically, if the retinue is lost - the faction leader will gain it on the next turn so long as he is in a city, and then you can appoint the new faction heir

Hope this helps ^^
    Last edited by Sensei Kiisu; March 16, 2010 at 01:33 PM.

Still better, if you remove the Authority bonus from the Orb, and create a Trait(e.g. Royal promise) that gives the +7 or +8 Authority.
    This trait should be awarded to any General, who is not the FactionLeader or Heir and has the Orb.
    If a character has the trait, but the orb is missing, the trait should be removed.
    Also, the trait should be also removed from the FactionHeir/Leader if he possesses it.

Please take into consideration, that right now the same effect with authority is achieved by traits and your firstborn son will always be the heir, if he is alive at the time your king dies. I always "choose" my heir simply by doing a good breeding program with lots of incest (sounds weird but that how it works for me)

The orb with 7 authority might cause the negative authority bug, that's I believe the reason why it was never implemented in the first place. Still great job there, first noticing it and then actually doing it!

Hey and while you are at it, I gave my privy seal a little boost to fertility, so if a general has no kids you can give him the seal and he might start getting lovey-dovey, wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more. So you might want to make this too

Under the benevolent guidance of jimkatalanos

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

cool - about the privy seal :-)

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

Rafael_Brasil's Avatar Biarchus

This is Great.. Every Single Player of Medieval will Like !! without exceptions

This is pretty cool, thanks for this. Finally I can keep my Kings as true decedents.

Coeur de Lion's Avatar Ordinarius

I really like the idea, but find it somewhat redundant in DLV, particularly with the extensive retinue system already in place. Really good work though, nice to see new ideas being thrown around.

+rep
    CdL

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

will you update this to work with the latest BB mod?

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

I thought that you can chose your heir with giving the privy sale to the character you want to be your heir ... For me it always work ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast