Thread: Athlon XP and Napoleon TW

Default Athlon XP and Napoleon TW

I have the VITAL Question: does Napoleon TW support Athlon XP processors (I have Athlon 2500+ (overclocked to 3200+)) without SSE2 (only SSE) instructions?
    I had installed the game several times (as the pirate version as licence) but one did not launched at all! If I replace the napoleon.exe by empire.exe the game show main loading screen and crashed when should begin to play the start trailers. With native napoleon.exe the game crashed immediatly after launching.
    ETW is running good at my system and I did not care about matching to the minimal system requirements of NTW. Perhaps I have made the critical mistake?

Athlon XP 2500+
    Radeon 2600 XT 512 Mb AGP
    1,75 Gb DDR RAM
    XP SP2/3 ( I have two OS)

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Athlon XP and Napoleon TW

My opinion, don't try it.

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

I like his opinion

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    My opinion, don't try it.
    ???
    I don't understand what you mean. Can I lauch NTW at Athlon XP?

With your cpu overclocked you just might get lucky. You need 2gigs of ram and you AGP card will bottleneck it from being laggy to unplayable.

That is why, in my opinion, don't try it. Or as Dirty Harry said, "Feel lucky?".

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    With your cpu overclocked you just might get lucky. You need 2gigs of ram and you AGP card will bottleneck it from being laggy to unplayable.

That is why, in my opinion, don't try it. Or as Dirty Harry said, "Feel lucky?".
    I just need to have clearity - HAS my processor the possibility to lauch the game and I have any chances to install the game? Or CA has cut the XP-processors from using (in this case it would be interesting to know how it is correspondig to their promises to low the system requirements comparing to "Empire").

Number one going back to RTW, I don't trust what they print for specs. I find them across the board too low for anyone that has the usual programs running.

Steam has the demo. Try it and make your decision.