Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: L'Armée d’Orient [(v1.0.0) -first release]

Default L'Armée d’Orient [(v1.0.0) -first release]

Announcing

DOWNLOAD
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YZ3GLLI5

Overview
    L'Armée d’Orient (The Army of Orient) was the name of the army sent to Egypt in 1798 by the french republic to sieze control of that country and gain a foothold in the middle east, from where the republic would be able to threathen british india. The commander of the army was a young but promising general known as Napoleon Bonaparte, famous for his military actions in Italy agaisnt the Austrians. In Egypt the army would face many tests that would prove the skill and courage of the frenchmen, for the enemies were not in short supply. The land of Egypt was ruled by the fearless mamelukes, once slave-soldiers but now the de facto rulers of Egypt, controled only nominally by the Ottoman empire. The news of the french invasion quickly reached the palaces of Constantinople, and the numberless armies of the High Porte are already marching from Damascus to crush any infidel that dares to invade the empire. The french expedition was as well close watched by their european nemesis, the british, and they have set up a temporal alliance with the ottomans to help them get rid of the french in Egypt.

This mod is a custom campaign based around the egypt map used in the napoleon personal campaign in the vanilla game. The campaign is acceded throught the campaign of the coalition menu, where you will be able to play as one of the following factions and change history as them:

-The French Republic
    -Great Britain
    -The Mamelukes
    -The Ottoman Empire

Features of this version (1.0.0)
    L'Armée d’Orient introduces a sandbox campaign game, based on the egypt map, where you will be able to play as several factions and command different armies, ranging from high disciplined european troops to brave and skilled arab warriors. The episodic restrictions are removed, and the victory conditions are changed to better represent historicity and improve the gameplay.

For this version, the first release, i´ve decided not to include any DB so the only files that you will need are the campaign ones. For next versions i´ve plans to change gameplay drastically, and give each nation full rosters each one with unique flavour. The main objectives of this mod are: improve realism and historical accuracy & create a gameplay that is history-inspired and challenging at the same time. I personally am a fan of the mod Imperial Splendour since i played it for the first time in ETW, and is very likely that some of my ideas are inspired by the excellent work produced by the IS developer team.

Development
    For now this is a single man project, myself being the only modder working on it. This may or may not change in the future. I would like that people keep this in mind and realise that i´ve also got other obligations to attend to in real life.

Installation

• Download the file from the link at the top of the post
    • Extract the file using 7zip
    • Open the armee_orient folder, place the data folder inside your napoleon folder.
    • Place the scripts folder inside your The Creative Assembly/Napoleon folder.
    • Start up Napoleon Total War, and pick Singleplayer/Campaign of the Coalition

Note: As of version 1.0.0, the mod is compatible with all the other mods that edit the DB. This will not be the case for future versions.

Credits
    I would like to give credits to the following people who have helped greatly in making this mod come to life, either with help about the modding issues or in any other way.

-Special thanks to HusserlTW for letting me use his startpos as the base of this mod, and for all the advice and help he provided me to resolve the problems i was stuck with. Also for his tutorial about using the ESF editor
    -alpaca, for his tutorial about making a custom campaign.
    -Just, Erasmus777 and all the people who have worked hard on the ESF editor, which we could not do any mod without.
    -Erasmus777, The Vicar, HusserlTW for his most excellent work on the PFM for NTW.
    -The IS developer team members (Lazy Knight, The Vicar, Ahiga, Cinnead etc.) for his encouragement to continue this project.

If i have forgotten about you please tell me and i will add you to the list.
    Last edited by Hellenikon; March 12, 2010 at 09:58 AM.

Default Re: L'Armée d’Orient [(v1.0.0) -first release]

Wow. Sounds awesome.

I'll try it out.

♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔'s Avatar Wyrd biõ ful ãræd

This sounds great! D/ling now +rep

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

Just tried it out and it's fantastic! Keep up the good work

Baleur's Avatar Biarchus

More Egypt!!!!!!!!!

Have you fixed the "Mamelukes can't recruit mameluke cavalry" bug?

Quote Originally Posted by whynaut View Post
    Have you fixed the "Mamelukes can't recruit mameluke cavalry" bug?
    Yes, but not for this version. It will be fixed on the next version along with other changes in the DB file.

Looks great!

Played it and enjoyed it very much! The only down side is that the campaign isn't very long (I like long campaigns) .
    Any way to make it longer?

Great work, Bucefalo

I always thought the Egypt campaign was a bit too bland so I ended it prematurely ..

But now I can at last enjoy it

Oh, and thanks for mentioning me in the credits

Remind me that I still need to rep you as I'm unable to do it now

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔ View Post
    Played it and enjoyed it very much! The only down side is that the campaign isn't very long (I like long campaigns) .
    Any way to make it longer?
    I guess you could edit the startpos and change the victory conditions date to something different, but IIRC you should be getting a message after winning, that you can continue playing your campaign if you want to?

I've only played as the english so far & I haven't won yet
    My army get's killed off & I don't have time or money to remake it so restart.
    Great fun all the same

I'm always love to fight in egypt! It's more challenge than europe.
    looking forward to see more.Cheers!

Great Patch, however my Campaigns of the Coalition has disappeared and when I removed your patch and script file and restarted the game would crash when attempting to open the Campaigns of the Coalition. Have I missed something?

Quote Originally Posted by FEARLESS View Post
    Great Patch, however my Campaigns of the Coalition has disappeared and when I removed your patch and script file and restarted the game would crash when attempting to open the Campaigns of the Coalition. Have I missed something?
    I made an error when uploading the files, so the pack file is .movie file not .mod file. This means that you do not need the script file at all for the time being, you can go ahead and use the script file, but it is not necessary for the mod to work.

To uninstall the mod, simply delete the pack file called "mod_orient.pack" which is inside data, and then open your campaigns folder, and look for a folder called "orient" as well. Delete the folder too. If you delete those two things and remove the script, you should not have any problems getting back the original coalition campaign working.

Brilliant! Thanks for that :o)

This mod is just what ive been looking for! Have you given the ottomans and Mamelukes more recruitable units such as mameluke cavalry and camel warriors etc...?

Very good idea!!
    La bataille de Hastings! - 14 octobre 1066 -this battle will start a series of clashes between two mighty peoples, where France will extend a glorious future, leaving permanently etched their mark on British culture.

Petrov's Avatar Campidoctor

Cant believe you are doing his YOURSELF excellent modder

Could you please upload the mod on mediafire?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast