Thread: Unique units?

Default Unique units?

Hello gents!

I haven't purchased Nappy yet because I just started playing Empire a month or so ago. I read in another thread someone mentioning that NTW each faction has its own units. Therefore, not just line infantry in different colors. What are they? Or, is there a post somewhere that feature each factions unit roster?

René Artois's Avatar Dux Limitis

Default Re: Unique units?

Please to be taking a look here.
    Bitter is the wind tonight,
    it stirs up the white-waved sea.
    I do not fear the coursing of the Irish sea
    by the fierce warriors of Lothlind.

JohnHamm's Avatar Civis

As with all total war games some countries have some unique units but they still all share alot of the general types of units
    John W. Hamm

If you like what I post +REP
    and I'll do the same for you!!

A very nice Compilation of Units in PDF can be found here too:

http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...leon-Total-War
    Duke Surak'nar
    ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ

~ Ask not what modding can do for you, rather ask what you can do for modding ~
    ~ Everyone dies, not everyone really fights ~

Would you guys say that each faction has alot more of a unique colour scheme with their units ? (ie Baden Wurttemburg has line that isnt red and black)

What I mean simply is "are units more historical this time".

nope, no variation at all. you know the color glitch when sometimes all uniforms in battle are white? cuz they are all the same for different factions. the line for instance is of course the same everywhere, but even some elites, just have a different collar (gold instead of black) and thats it. the "special" units are nothing than vaguely the same, but have stats the correlate to one experience level...
    only exceptions are the russian unicorn howlitzer for example, but they are rare. unitwise this is the most boring tw, although the best by gameplay.
    Imperator Caesar Divi filius Augustus, Pontifex Maximus, Consul XIII, Imperator XXI, Tribuniciae potestatis XXXVII, Pater patriae

DarkArk's Avatar Senator

unitwise this is the most boring tw
    It's the Napoleonic era. There's a lot more diversity between European factions in this than in Empire.

the line for instance is of course the same everywhere
    Even emergents often have their own unique militia and line infantry. The fact that many uniforms were very similar during this time period isn't CAs fault.

Thanks for the info. Is there regional recruitment at all? Like could the Brits recruit fussilers outside the main land.

Quote Originally Posted by Total Bliss View Post
    Is there regional recruitment at all? Like could the Brits recruit fussilers outside the main land.
    There is, but applicable only for certain units. For instance, when playing as France in the grand campaign you can only recruit the Polish Legion in, well, Poland.