Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: steam patch for napoleon totalwar

Default steam patch for napoleon totalwar

aspect to be included in the next patch for napoleon totalwar:

improve the AI more,for example,correct faults in the AI as the picket style suicide attacks in gettysburg.

the 16 DCL in imperial edition and 5 DCL in standart edition extra need units more battalions by regiments,not one only is very few,the DCL units infantry four battalions by units is a good limit of recruiting and two squadrons by cavalry regiment is a good limit of recruiting.

more historical units in campaing europe with napoleon and coalition campaing as the dragoons of emperatrice and many more historical units.

the scoth greys must be in the campaign with england and not in steam buy.

the bunwicks corps must be available in campaing with england.

more historical event in the campaing for liven up the campaign and not make monotone.

more historical generals with his historical portraits.

correct portraits of the generals who have no historical portraits currently in the campaign as bernadotte general etc.

to eliminate of the campaign all the generals not historical.
    Last edited by Anibal at portas; March 11, 2010 at 10:17 AM.

Default Re: steam patch for napoleon totalwar

I was reading this and at first I thought it was from CA telling us what will be in next patch but then I realized it was a wish list. Good list though, all I want is more historical units.

Scots Greys must be in the campaign with Britain*

Brunswick Corps must be available in campaign with Britain*

Quote Originally Posted by The_Reckoner View Post
    I was reading this and at first I thought it was from CA telling us what will be in next patch but then I realized it was a wish list. Good list though, all I want is more historical units.

thanks mate,if you want to add more requests to CA,this is the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gallant Forty-Twa View Post
    Scots Greys must be in the campaign with Britain*

Brunswick Corps must be available in campaign with Britain*

yes totally.

if is possible,CA must implement more slots for more units for armies,for good computers,in options could be graduated the size of the army as to graduate the size of the units.
    in ultra option a army with 60 units is very good and realistic.

the blood and the dismemberment is necessary also for a greater realism in the battle.
    Last edited by Anibal at portas; March 11, 2010 at 10:47 AM.

What about more Maps for custom battles,and a better AI?

Don't you all ever look in the released mods thread ? Brunswickers,better AI etc available there.

Quote Originally Posted by HonteX View Post
    What about more Maps for custom battles,and a better AI?

a better AI is the main aspect to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Jihada View Post
    Don't you all ever look in the released mods thread ? Brunswickers,better AI etc available there.
    but is better that CA do this for my money that i spent.
    CA can always do better and have more means and tools,because,CA is the developer of the game simply.
    besides the scots greys are not in mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Jihada View Post
    I doubt these are MP compatible and you guys all forget the:
    King's German Legion (light Infantry)
    next to that standard stuff:
    more units
    more historical battles
    better AI
    less Bugs, CTDs
    improved balance
    preorder units for Imperial Edition owners
    uniform editor
    less historical inaccuracies

All I want them to do is unlock Spain and the Ottomans for Single Player Campaign play + all the things you guys have said. And yes I do know there are Mods that do this, but like Anibal said, it's better if CA does it because they owe it to us after such a let down in ETW and bugs that continue on into NTW that they promised would be fixed, they still haven't. Furthermore opening up all the Major Factions of the time would extend the replayability of NTW. I am hesistant to DL mods since SS6.1 destroyed my computer when DLed for M2TW.

Quote Originally Posted by HonteX View Post
    What about more Maps for custom battles
    Random maps for MP battles... just pick any point in Europe covered by Warscape.
    Enable other unit sizes than "small" for quick battles.
    Provide option to "don't do quick battle" when no drop-in battle is found in MP menu.
    Last edited by daniu; March 11, 2010 at 04:12 PM.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Quote Originally Posted by Anibal at portas View Post
    aspect to be included in the next patch for napoleon totalwar:

the 16 DCL in imperial edition and 5 DCL in standart edition extra need units more battalions by regiments,not one only is very few,the DCL units infantry four battalions by units is a good limit of recruiting and two squadrons by cavalry regiment is a good limit of recruiting.

more historical units in campaing europe with napoleon and coalition campaing as the dragoons of emperatrice and many more historical units.

the scoth greys must be in the campaign with england and not in steam buy.

the bunwicks corps must be available in campaing with england.

more historical event in the campaing for liven up the campaign and not make monotone.

more historical generals with his historical portraits.

correct portraits of the generals who have no historical portraits currently in the campaign as bernadotte general etc.

to eliminate of the campaign all the generals not historical.

Unfortunately, you just named about 20 things that they'll charge for before they release for free as a patch. We'll get all those units eventually (and even for free) but the AI stuff will take a while to get right and release. The Grand Campaign will be a paid DLC if it is released at all.
    "Go to where the men speak Italian, then continue on until they speak something else."

"I've found that brothels are a much safer investment than ships. Whores rarely sink, and when they are boarded by pirates, why, the pirates pay good coin just like everyone else." - Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish

"Do thou amend thy face, and I'll amend my life." - Falstaff
    Henry IV Part 1, 3. 3

Graphic's Avatar Vicarius

• Fix Dragoon's horses smoking when the dismounted riders are walking, and cannons smoking when their operators are routing.
    • Less or no smoke on thick grass and no smoke during rain storms.
    • Option to opt out of quick battle when searching for a drop-in game (a must).
    • Separate unit size options for armies and navies.
    • Some kind of visual indicator that a unit is being augmented by inspire and rally. A flashing red flag or something, I don't know.
    • The markings that indicate where your arty will be on the map should indicate the location of the cannons, not the horses dragging them.
    • Enable Moscow Musketeers in the campaign. There are mods but this should be official for the sake of MPCs.
    • Improved starting army for the Ottoman Empire in the GC.
    • Make it so infantry can't form a square after being engaged in melee, like what was reported before release by fans who played the beta version (why was this changed?). Cav is still weaker than it should be due to this.
    • Artillery should aim for the center of a unit, not the flanks. Makes you have to micromanage your cannon aiming for best effect.
    • War of 1812 and Second Anglo-Maratha War campaigns with the new land masses added to the GC as a side effect

Graphic, even if the muskeeters were recruitable in SP they would not be in the MPC. None of the special units are available in MPC for some terrible reason

Graphic's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Sevinn View Post
    Graphic, even if the muskeeters were recruitable in SP they would not be in the MPC. None of the special units are available in MPC for some terrible reason
    What? They didn't fix this from Empire? What in the...

Horrible.

sadly they did not. It's really to bad, as it ruins any enjoyment for DLC for MPC players. I only play with a friend, so there's no sense in even bothering to buy DLC if they don't fix this poor design. There shouldn't be any balance issues as people can play head to head with them enabled so why not in MPC?

Quote Originally Posted by Sevinn View Post
    Even if both have the DLC?
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

- Fix the bug where if a person request a drop-in but is a reinforcing army then the game will drop the other player at loading screen.

Example: I'm commanding a Russian army who's helping a Austrian army that was just attacked by the French. I request a human opponent and find one, I load into the battlemap but my opponent is dropped and the game countdown clock freezes which means I have to restart the game or quit the battle and loose it.

I've tried the same battle 8 times with different people and it was the same result. I wish I kept the save but my campaign has moved on since then.

-Show on battlemap or minimap where reinforcements are coming in. Either in the load screen or unit setup, this would help in drop-in.

-Managing reinforcements doesn't work for drop-ins. I've tried to get my reinforcements to come in a certain order but it always does General, Cavalry, Artillery, infantry. It would also be nice if managing reinforcements was part of the battle map so the drop-in player could have control over them.

-More feedback when waiting for players in a drop-in and more info when joining a drop in. Not just "game found, you want to play?" but something along the lines of "Game found, Unit sizes:ultra, Battle size:large(full stack on full stack) French force attacking Prussian force(you), would you like to join?" would be much more helpful. When waiting it would be nice to see instead of just "finding players, pls wait forever" to "Found potential players(8), sending invites" "6 invites declined, 2 invites left" . I mean I don't know if I'm not getting drop-ins to my request cause no ones online or cause people are busy with their own campaigns. If no one's online, then I would like to know so I can just use the AI instead of waiting.

-Make Drop-in and Quick battle 2 different things. If I select drop-in, it's cause I want to play drop-ins not a QB with small unit sizes.

-AI is too indecisive with it's constantly changing lines and formations. It needs to make a plan and stick with it, not attack and then in musket range decided to change it's formations around. Same thing when it defends, it repositions the whole army rather then 1 or 2 units.
    Lethal Mod - Creator
    Steam Name: Joe Novax

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast