Thread: Getting MP Games - A Common Download Region

Default Getting MP Games - A Common Download Region

I have seen over and over again people complaining that they cannot connect to anyone in MP. I think this problem would be alleviated if everyone chose one common download region in Steam. Personally when I first started playing I couldn't find a drop-in game in my default region (Canada - Toronto), however when I switched to the UK region I had no problem finding games in < 1min, one of them with a Canadian ironically.

So I am proposing that we all "meet" in the UK for MP games. My only concern is if this would lag the servers over there.

Let me know your thoughts.

Default Re: Getting MP Games - A Common Download Region

I llive inaustralia and often hit the uk or american servers and well havent had much in the way of lag problems (and they havent complained either) worst i have seen which was with another aussie again strangely on a east coast american region was a second delay between orders given and then being done but that was the utmost worst of it everything worked fine just a slight pause on giving orders actually being done.

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

I also have chosen UK, brings up as many games as in Germany. Without any polish babbling cheating blighters, however.

meh i live in Australia and i use the UK and American servers i dont like the lag but it is good for the occasional game, the problem is with America and Australia they have servers all over so you have to pick US - New York or Australia - SA so ill be buggered if i know were other Australians are playing

TheAussieDigger's Avatar Ducenarius

Australia- SA?

sure, choose the 5th largest city

UK and NY
    all australians pretty much have moved off the australian servers

I live in London so I'm on the UK server which displays most of the games in Western Europe. The only downside to this is that it includes France. Lol no I jest... the only real downside is there are a lot of languages going around so things can get awkward. Unicorns are apparently also called 'licornes'.

Anyway, when I'm up at 1am I take a look at the New York server but it's usually no better. I played a game with an annoying American kid spamming capitals at me for hiding skirmishers in the trees - reminds me of Xbox Live...

Everyone come to the UK server!

haha i suppose its a bit retarded, but i play with friends here so i usually keep it as that

TheAussieDigger's Avatar Ducenarius

go to UK