Thread: Philosophers Guild

Frederich Barbarossa's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Edinburgh, Scotland (From Kendall, Florida and proud!)

Default Philosophers Guild

I have decided to create a guild of elite intellectuals where as they can debate freely, without persecution or rude attitudes/gestures. Anybody from anywhere, and any political background can join freely.

THE PHILOSOPHERS GUILD

Created By Frederich Barbarossa

Rules

*Respect your peers and companions.
    *Do not rant excessively at one another.
    *Maintain a good social status among the guild.
    *Express your views intellectually, with feasable facts, and viewpoints.
    *Radicalism is extremely prohibited. This is a guild not a football field.

Etc, etc.

Positions

Head Marschall--> Serves terms of 1 month each. The Scholars Council will elect them. Administrates activities, and discussions of the council.

Marschall--> The vice administrator of the marschall, and second in power. He is chosen by the winning marschall every month based on experience and profile.

Scholar--> Keen wisemen who have demonstrated logic and free thought through impressive feats. To become a Scholar one must a.) be a member of TWC for at least 6 months. Or an option is having really good feats. b.) You must have 4 featured articles in the guild. c.) You must win a 'final debate' in the end of the month before elections to be recieved.

Peer--> The main body. No requirements except activity.

Important Events and Key information

The Grand Elections shall be announced by the current Marschall him/herself and a period of 2 days will be given to find candidates. That is strict! Next, those candidates must comply with the main guild rules and with the ones stated below:

*Must be a scholar
    *Has been in the scholars council for at least a month
    *Shows aptitude to be a good candidate
    *Must submit a letter to Marschall stating why you want to run
    *Must be 15 years of age or more (some acceptions apply depending on preformance)

Stage 1

As stated above it is picking the candidates. It will last only 2 days, but will be dated before so you can have a heads up. If you apply to the above rules or regulations, then you have a chance to be picked. A total of 2 will be picked. You may create and represent your own 'Philosophical party' to make things better.

The Scholars council acts like a parliament so they are who decide on this. They go through a 1 week voting stream of who shall be marschall. The reason the public cannot, is because if a marschall wants votes he can simply convince or tell his friend to join the guild and vote which is fraud.

Stage 2

An inter-voting period will ensue. 1 day to organize possible last minute entries, or investigation reports, to make sure you were picked fairly. And on this day we finish the positioning process and prepare for the marschall run.

Stage 3

Voting goes on for 1 week only. So all scholars will have time to vote!

Stage 4

The inaguration of the new marschall will be published.

The Final Solu... I mean Debate

To join the council one must win a final debate. You can submit a letter to the marschall to enter the final debate. As many peers can submit as to test their skills. On the event date opponents will be paired to discuss. Forum rules still apply, and the current scholars council will view. In order to make sure of no corruption, people will be judged by people they don't know hope not. After the 30 minute debate on the topic of the councils choosing. Winners will be placed in the next round until a winner comes through. WInners are determined by votes by the council judging their aptitude, respect, morales, ethics, and logic mostly of course. The Winner will be the newest scholar council member. To ensure a chance for everyone the event will take place every month.

So yeah! This is going to have a planned magazine, so I need people to work. People who join now as these guys will automatically be council members!
    His highness, žežurn I, Keng of Savomyr!

Habelo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Philosophers Guild

Yes now you intelligent people can also get the respect and authority you deserve!!!! I mean what else is ranks and titles else for?, if not to show that you are better then the lesser peasents! And forum beaucracy is defeintly something for people who like to think free, do not forget that reading rules of randomness is allways good for the mind!

restraint- only on the internets.
    You have a certain mentality, a "you vs them" and i know it is hard to see, but it is only your imagination which makes up enemies everywhere. I haven't professed anything but being neutral so why Do you feel the need to defend yourself from me?. Truly What are you defending? when there is nobody attacking?