Thread: [NTW AAR] Long Live The King!

Default [NTW AAR] Long Live The King!

Welcome to my new AAR, using Britian, starting in 1805. My goal is to make a power balance in Europe, liberating as many nations as possible. However, this AAR will be a little different. Each chapter will be written by a different character, however you will see them reoccure often. For now, you will see 2 main characters, William Pitt(prime minister), starting in the beginning, and a young army captain, after mid 1805. In addition, you may see a few other characters, possibly a navy captain a few citizens of regions like Belgium. This is N/N, so I'm not setting any records, and my plan is to go for the outskirts of Napoleon's empire and get as many allies as possible, replicating the Coalitions. Currently, I'm working 2 months ahead of campaign, and plan to see an update every 1-2 days, especially the weekends. Enjoy!
    ________________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited by chickens1127; March 10, 2010 at 05:42 PM.

Default Re: [NTW AAR] Long Live The King!

NOW WITH PHOTOS!!!
    Chapter 1: William Pitt, Prime Minister of England, March 1805

“Good day gentlemen and advisors to the king. We have pressing matters on the Mainland Europe theater. However, let us recap.

If you remember, in January 1805, an army was raised, composing of 5 regiments of line infantry, 1 fencibiles, 3 light dragoon regiments, 2 9lb artillery batteries, and 1 6lb battery, all commanded by Arthur Wellesley and his bodyguard. They boarded a small local fleet, comprised of a 4th rate and a 6th rate, and landed somewhere on the Belgium coast. In two weeks, they arrived outside Brussels, and the only resistance was some armed mobs raised by the French governor. However, after a quick surrender, and Wellesley marched into the town triumphant. First of all, Belgium had always been a part of France, unlike Holland, and was more reluctant to join the British side then the conquered Dutch. However, Arthur did as I told him, to liberate the region, giving us an ally, and more importantly, a base of operations for replenishment and landing of units. Next, his army followed the strategy, to march on Amsterdam and destroy the Batavian Republic, a figurehead for Napoleon and an excellent port. However, there was resistance on the assault, however the enemy was defeated handedly with only 180 casualties. Yet again, the Dutch were liberated, giving us a stronger ally then Belgium, and an excellent stronghold.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Recently, the army boarded the same fleet as before, and was transported to the coast of Normandy. Normandy was taken, however Normandy was French, and we could hardly think of liberating it, since it would eventually turn back to French rule. Nevertheless, the region was occupied, giving an easy reinforcement landing for the two regiments of foot and the one fencibiles unit being recruited at the moment. However, Napoleon’s armies are converging on the small region, and bloody battles are to be expected.
    Finally, through excellent diplomatic skills, and a sum of money, Belgium and Holland were turned into the war with France. This move may prove disastrous, since they are both weak, but it gives us an extra front. And if they are conquered, they can easily be re-liberated and kept out of the war.

Now we debate. Where is our next move with the Army? Is the reports of a large French fleet of Spain true, and will Horatio Nelson, our great admiral, be able to intercept them before they destroy shipping lines? And are the reports that a large army converging on Gibraltar truthful, and will we loose the chokepoint of the Mediterranean?
    Last edited by chickens1127; March 11, 2010 at 06:09 AM.

LuckyLewis's Avatar Loutre
    Content Emeritus

A nice start sir

I believe the reason you could not show the images was because you were using the link to the webpage itself, instead of the image.

Insert [IMG][/IMG] tags around these links instead:

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/300/95560251.jpg
    http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/7082/95281187.jpg

Lewis.
    Muh signature is so out of date all muh pictures died.

Thank you, I'm new to these AAR'S. I hope to continue this AAR until at least 1810, so we'll see. I'm stuck at to do next. I'm about to lose Girbaltar and no hope of relieving it.

Do you know which regions, (if any) near Normandie can be liberated as there own country? Thanks!

Nanny de Bodemloze's Avatar Treason is just dates
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by chickens1127 View Post
    I'm stuck at to do next. I'm about to lose Girbaltar and no hope of relieving it.
    Get your troops out of France. You'll lose what troops you have, and I don't think you'll likely have the tech necessary to take and hold territory in that area. I suggest evacuate to the ships, and go beat on Spain for a while. Sounds like fun, good AAR!

cheers,

Nanny

Quote Originally Posted by chickens1127 View Post
    Thank you, I'm new to these AAR'S. I hope to continue this AAR until at least 1810, so we'll see. I'm stuck at to do next. I'm about to lose Girbaltar and no hope of relieving it.

Do you know which regions, (if any) near Normandie can be liberated as there own country? Thanks!
    Brittany can be liberated... other than that uh.. I think the cities around Belgium and Amsterdam can be liberated into some German states. Haven't really been over there yet.

UPDATE! May play tonight or tomorrow. Either way, new chapter tomorrow evening.

I think I'm going to wreak havoc on the German city states and re-liberate them so I get the protectorate money. Then move to split Napoleon's advance east from the country of France.