Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aristeia Soundtrack

Icon1 Aristeia Soundtrack

Hello everyone I am the composer of the soundtrack of Aristeia, I have just finished making the final touches and if anyone is interested the complete soundtrack with 4 new tracks and many improvements is now available for download from

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=09GPYMJ8 or http://rapidshare.com/files/364513750/Aristeia_Soundtrack.zip
    or my website (in the latest news) www.marios-aristopoulos.com

I hope you enjoy it! The new tracks & changes will be implemented in the next Aristeia patch.

Artwork & Track list:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Artwork by Zhuge_Liang

Also I would really be interested to hear people's comments and opinions about the music

Thank you
    Marios
    Last edited by rgex570; March 25, 2010 at 06:35 PM. Reason: update

Default Re: Aristeia Soundtrack

The soundtrack is very well done in my opinion, definitely helps to deepen the dark and gloomy atmosphere of the mod while also being intense and creating excitement. I could keep looking for more descriptive adjectives, but I'll simply say that it works and fits the mod so well one wouldn't think it was a late addition, but probably place it early in the creative process.

Only the military snare in the main title seems a bit out of place, sound-texture-wise, that could be a bit darker and less modern/metallic-sounding...

i love the soundtrack, especially the main theme, and the one in campaign map, i think its called 10 years of war, thats my favorite one with the woman's voice

all in all its an amazing soundtrack! i was listening to it even outside of the mod you get a + rep from me

I love the soundtrack! It fits the game and creates a mood that is perfect. Great work rgex570!
    "What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
    Don't we make ya laugh? Aren't we freakin' funny?" - CPT Spaulding in Devil's Rejects

The Spaniard's Avatar Civis

It's absolutely magnificent, very good quality. I really like the campaign map music. Your music really gets us into the atmosphere of Aristeia!

Thank you so much for the comments and the rep! I tried to make it as dark and intensive as possible whith some melodic touches here and there. Yes you are right jackx it isnt the best sounding snare in the world.

Mediteran, the piece with the voice is called "Ten Years of War". I have improved the quality of the voices for the music patch and added another two tracks, "Trojan Shores" & "The Road to Troy" which is a solo guitar piece.
    Last edited by rgex570; March 11, 2010 at 06:54 AM.

music is fantastic!

Nikolos's Avatar Tiro

The first time I opened a campaign and started selecting difficulty ect, the music was just . . . . . AWESOME! really gets you into the atmosphere. There are some battles I would normaly auto resolve, but the music stirs me to command my troops to victory!

Default Re: Aristeia Soundtrack released!

Updated

Very nice work!

Agisilaos's Avatar GREECE - ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    Very nice work!
    i agree with you Aradan. great work Μάριε
    Macedones were, are and will always be Greeks
    Under the Noble Patronage of jimkatalanos and proud patron of Agis Tournas and cocobongoclub-DJ
    Terrae Expugnandae, Imperial Might, Mythology, Complete Byzantine Roster, Ruins of glory, Sparta 3, Hegemonia City States, Roma Surrectum 2,300 Warlords of Sparta, Sparta 3.5, Classical Age Total War
    watch this
    , this and this
    Τακτική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις αν υπάρχει κάτι που μπορείς να κάνεις.
    Στρατηγική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις όταν δεν υπάρχει τίποτα να κάνεις.

Downloading now... now at least I'll have epic background music for my mundane and boring paperwork...

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

Really nice work man!
    I hope we will hear more from you.

Caius Camillus's Avatar Laetus

I have tryed a lot of greats mods and for me this soundtrack is clearly the best.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Well done mate.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

cocobongoclub-DJ's Avatar Pθre fourmois

I just tried it with aristeia, you did a great job while creating this atmosphere. +rep... If you want to add your talent to catw also, the gates are wide open.
    Last edited by cocobongoclub-DJ; March 28, 2010 at 05:45 PM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Under the Noble Patronage of Agisilaos
    CATW Modeller skinner since 2006, now retired - Proud grandfather of Classical-Age Total War, the ancient world in 300 bc...
    http://www.ancient-battles.com

Your work is of a higher standard then empires musical score. (My opinion) Love it.

Delysid's Avatar Tiro

Very well done music, fits the theme perfectly and adds enormously to the atmosphere.

Great work!
    Caledonian Campaign submod for RS2.5 CLICK HERE!

i like the changes to the sound track in the latest release.
    Last edited by jib1; April 25, 2010 at 05:00 AM. Reason: i read somthing new

"time is no power or force, the passage of time mearly weathers the heart and soul of heros" anon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast