Thread: Goal: A long coalition campaign with the french.

Icon6 Goal: A long coalition campaign with the french.

Heya there
    So I bought the game. I've only played a few custom battles so far, havent touched campaigns, but it's my goal now.
    I want to play as France in coalition campaign.

Q1: Oh by the way, you confirm that the Coalition campaign is the campaign which looks the more like a "normal", non-scripted campaign?

Q2: I guess I'll have to play the Napoleon campaign to unlock the Coalition one, right?

Q3: In the Coalition campaign I can play beyong the time limit if I want?

Q4: what happens if Napoleon dies in battle? Does the Empire collapse and the game end, or is another general named Empereur des francais?

Thanks a lot in advance for you help
    Regards, Drakon
    Ceci est une signature

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default Re: Goal: A long coalition campaign with the french.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakon View Post
    Heya there
    So I bought the game. I've only played a few custom battles so far, havent touched campaigns, but it's my goal now.
    I want to play as France in coalition campaign.

Q1: Oh by the way, you confirm that the Coalition campaign is the campaign which looks the more like a "normal", non-scripted campaign?

Q2: I guess I'll have to play the Napoleon campaign to unlock the Coalition one, right?

Q3: In the Coalition campaign I can play beyong the time limit if I want?

Q4: what happens if Napoleon dies in battle? Does the Empire collapse and the game end, or is another general named Empereur des francais?

Thanks a lot in advance for you help
    Regards, Drakon
    Well first of all you can't play as France in the "Campaigns of the Coalition" section, only in the Napoleon's Campaigns section under "Europe 1805-1812".

Q1: No, the Coalition Campaign is scripted just like Napoleon's Campaign; you receive missions to capture various cities or do various things.

Q2: No, it's already unlocked and waiting for you but you have to have played through the Egypt campaign in order to play as Napoleon in the Europe campaign.

Q3: If you win you can choose to continue but I'm afraid I'm not sure about playing beyond the time limit.

Q4: Napoleon and all over 9-star Generals are immortal and when they "die" in battle they are only wounded and must return to the capital to convalesce. You get him back in a couple of weeks (2 turns I believe) but some of his traits may have diminished slightly.

Hope that helps, sorry about Q3 and not having the answer.

Cheers! Thanks for your replies.
    I think I understand better now.
    My goal is to play only with the french (as a start) so I guess I can forget all together the "coalition campaign" right?

From what you said, the Napoléons European campaign is what I am looking for.
    So if I play first the Egypt campaign, win it, I can then somehow "turtle" in the European campaign and make it last technically forever?
    (at least until 1812... someone can tell me if I can play it beyond, please?! Or can it be modded maybe?)
    What happens when I ignore the scripted event of the EU campaign?
    Ceci est une signature

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by Drakon View Post
    What happens when I ignore the scripted event of the EU campaign?
    I suppose things just get harder for you. There's no timelimit on the missions but they're things like "Capture Vienna to force her to make peace and knock her out of the Coalition".

You dont even need to fully play the other short napoleon campaigns start one the just quit it till the european one is unlocked no play through needed at all but they are good warm up campaigns lol .

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

Just look through the released mods thread. You can unlock France to play in the coalition campaign as well as all other factions even minors.

GTFO. Jamie's Avatar Decanus

you can play as long as you like as well

Spaxspore's Avatar Campidoctor

Yep still playing my GB campaign .. its 1814 and the fires of war are still burning.