Thread: Building UI card beautification project ,-)

kekesvar.bingos's Avatar Miles
    The Only and Ultimate Walachian Kingdoms (err yes, there are more of them...)

Default Building UI card beautification project ,-)

Hi there, i have a bit of problem with modding buildings into my campaign of Roma Surrectum. I managed to get different building trees working with desired effects even for different cultures ( ), but now, when i am adding building icons i have problem with the BACKGROUND of the actual picture (i mean the small picture in building overview).
    I tried to fill the background of my own new icon with the SAME colour, as the vanillas icons backgrounds have, but still, in the game, the icon would appera NOT without background, but with it. Then i tried to "cut" the figure from the background and leave it without it (dont know the exact terms in english as im not native speaker and have not great experience with graphic editors). Again, no desired effect would appear, as the icons still would have background in the games building overview (but now completely white one).

Please could you help me? I tried to search the forums, i found only something about unit ui cards, where the guy was writing about some alpha channels in transparency menu of his graphic editor...

P.S.: I am using Corel Paint Shop Pro 12, but willing to use any supposed graphic editor.

Thanks a lot, modders!

Jarlaxe's Avatar Heavy Building Industry

Default Re: Building UI card beautification project ,-)

you must cut the backround,add an alpha channel(mask) and save it as 32 bit tga with alpha channels on
    - Leader / Modeller/ Skinner / City Builder of Hegemonia City States -
    - Modeller/ Skinner / City Builder of Fourth Age -

- Under the patronage of the cream pie lover -
    - jimkatalanos -