Thread: Horse Artillary

Default Horse Artillary

hey guys i was just wondering how many of you actually use horse artillery like there meant to with the rest of the cav personally i do but i have noticed in MP that there not there or if they are they are used as normal field Artillery

Default Re: Horse Artillary

I use them in land armies I want to be highly mobile. They have a higher campaing movement rate then normal artillery, and artillery is what slows your army down.

I don't think there's much use for them in MP, maybe 1 unit for getting to a postion quickly and flanking the enemy with artillery

TheAussieDigger's Avatar Ducenarius

if i take horse artillery i use at horse artillery should be used: "getting to great firing positions fast"

anyone who uses it otherwise in MP is a noob i must say.

a 6-pdr foot art costs less than 6-pdr horse art. if ure not gonna use the mobility its a waste of money

i prefer howitzers myself though

Quote Originally Posted by TheAussieDigger View Post

i prefer howitzers myself though
    UNIIIIIIIICOOOOOOOOOOORN

I'm starting to appreciate horse artillery. I've found a combo of two or three 12lb cannons and a horse artillery unit go a long way when I'm on attack. The 12lbers let me dictate the terms of battle, and the horse artillery lets me capitalize on weak areas (read: areas the others' artillery cannot reach).

I've since added them to most of my armies in my campaign, and have had some success when I've invited drop-ins. I'd imagine they'd be useful in a standard MP battle as well.
    Vudak