Thread: Unlock 1st & 2nd rates for all major powers please!

VVILHELM DUX's Avatar Tiro

Default Unlock 1st & 2nd rates for all major powers please!

I'm interested in a mod that unlocks recruitment of 1st & 2nd Rates for Prussia.
    Prussia historically made a conscious decision not to put a great deal of resources
    into the formation of its Navy but rather to rely on the navy's of it's allies.

Prussia was not somehow intellectually challenged at ship building, they simply "chose" to concentrate resources on their land forces believing they were too far behind the other major European powers
    to compete. A decision they would come to regret historically.

Besides, the available roster already contains access to 3rd rates which I could find no evidence of Prussia having invested in anything over frigate class during the 19th century so why not let we gaming heads of state make our own decisions.

Give us 1st rates!

shenryyr's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Unlock 1st & 2nd rates for all major powers please!

Yes make every faction just like each other, screw history or balance or whatever keeps things different, who wants variety, lets all be the same woo.
    my other horse is a space ship

Wrong sub-forum
    And Scharnhost would not be pleased with you.

Quote Originally Posted by shenryyr View Post
    Yes make every faction just like each other, screw history or balance or whatever keeps things different, who wants variety, lets all be the same woo.
    Since all the ships are identical anyway, except the Santissima Trinidad, it's a matter of being the same with fewer options or being the same with more options.

And frankly, the fact that the Russians can't build anything over an 80 gun ship is insulting. The Russians had several 100+ gun vessels and were building large vessels since the time of Peter the Great.

Semisalis

Total War games were never about repeating History and always about changing it, i want my prussian first rates damnit!

delmat's Avatar Tiro

in my opinion tw games were games with historical background and possibility for a player to change history..but some historical background must be present..it would be boring if all factions were same or could recruit same units..some historical things must be there to make game more interesting and various..personally I wouldn't like to play a game and fight against mighty prussian or polish navies and first rates, turkish rangers and dragoons or french mamelukes..prussians were strong on land and not in naval forces, if you want to play with them change history with that odds, it's far more interesting than to make every faction nearly the same..I would like that TW made even more radical changes to the variety of factions and units (for example prussian line infantry are among the best in Europe, british ones have the best accuracy, swedish are strong in melee, russians in artillery, polish in cavalry and so on). this is just my opinion, no offense to anyone..

Just follow this.