Thread: Couple of noob questions:

Default Couple of noob questions:

1: Is there supposed to be about a hal;f second pause between when my mouse hits the edge of the screen and scrolling starts? If so that is completely f'ing annoying! I'll hope there is an option in some cfg file somewhere to fix this. Or that it's just something I've screwed up on my rig and need to fix.

2: Can I move a spy in a region and keep him there and still be building up his "network" or do I need to keep him completely still?

Ty kindly for answers...

Ebullient Princesses! Titles! Bloodlines! Bastard Traitors!
    So much fun in one little BBB package! Get yours today!

Default Re: Couple of noob questions:

I'm pretty sure your spy needs to be constantly in the region. Not positive though.

Not sure about the first question; as to your spy, I find that he loses his network as soon as he moves. I think he ought to at least be able to move about the province; perhaps somebody cleverer than me can mod this.

I believe the point is that the spy can establish a spy network and monitor said network from the capital, because the capital is the nerve center of the region and thus the best place to base an infection. If he leaves the capital he will be otherwise occupied and will have trouble keeping in touch with his underlings.

On the spy: Ok, got it. Ty.

So seriously though people- when you move the mouse pointer to the edge of the screen in the campaign mode... does the screen instantly scroll or is there a very brief pause and then the map starts to scroll. When I press the keyboard shortcut to scroll it is instant, but not with the mouse- it's like it wants to make sure I really meant to scroll or just wanted to click on something by the edge of the screen.

Strange seems pretty instant to me (but then it only scrolls slowly when i use this method i just use the keys quicker more efficient or if i really want to scroll fast use both mouse and key at once

Yes spies need to stay put to get there network going

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

Shiloh's Avatar Senator

I'm also in the habit of using the number pad keys to scroll as I was never comfortable with the extra motion of whipping my mouse to either side of the screen to move which I would think gives you "less precise" control as the keypad.
    www.totalgettysburg.com
    Take an in-depth look at the Battle of Gettysburg in the American Civil War. This site is dedicated to education and the conservation of Civil War battlefields.

www.youtube.com/twbattles
    View Total War battle commentary videos on an epic scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekielen View Post
    I'm also in the habit of using the number pad keys to scroll as I was never comfortable with the extra motion of whipping my mouse to either side of the screen to move which I would think gives you "less precise" control as the keypad.

It is also a pain when you run dual monitors . I've gotten used to using keybinds for all camera movements...seems preferable once you get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by dearmad View Post
    On the spy: Ok, got it. Ty.

So seriously though people- when you move the mouse pointer to the edge of the screen in the campaign mode... does the screen instantly scroll or is there a very brief pause and then the map starts to scroll. When I press the keyboard shortcut to scroll it is instant, but not with the mouse- it's like it wants to make sure I really meant to scroll or just wanted to click on something by the edge of the screen.
    Its probably because your video card is struggling to run NTW so there is a bit of a lag. The same thing happened to me when I tried to play M2TW on my old computer.

You could try lowering to quality of the graphics.
    Last edited by invictus1991; March 09, 2010 at 10:51 PM. Reason: typo
    ουπω μα Δί οισθ' οι αυτός εράζει κακά
    Primus Pilus Centurion in Legio I Latina

It's not struggling, I know this. FPS is 60 at all times or better, Campaign map and Battles get only to about 30 fps minimum- but scrolling in battles with mouse to screen edge is instant...

Senator

Hohoho, I learn new things