Thread: Drop in Battle Unit size?

Default Drop in Battle Unit size?

I've played 4 drop in battles so far. Every one of which has had small unit size. Does this happen to everyone or just me?

Default Re: Drop in Battle Unit size?

Yes, it's standard. It keeps things simpler and makes it fair in terms of graphical lag, etc.

Drop ins that revert to just being custom matches yes small pretty sure if you actually get a drop in that goes into someone campaign game unit size is what they set it at last one i did i had units of 120 men which i think is large setting .

Getting a drop in to someones campaign is not always easy so many people looking to do it you usually end up fighting a small unit custom battle against each other

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

Playing my Italian Campaign. Can't find an opponent. I'm assuming it is bugged.

Primicerius

I tried the "drop in" button a few times. A couple times I ended up in someone's campaign with ultra unit sizes. One time it was a custom battle. In that case, unit size was the smallest one.

Generally, I get plenty of drop-in invites while playing my own campaign though. I have yet to see a small unit size battle that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaists View Post
    I tried the "drop in" button a few times. A couple times I ended up in someone's campaign with ultra unit sizes. One time it was a custom battle. In that case, unit size was the smallest one.

Generally, I get plenty of drop-in invites while playing my own campaign though. I have yet to see a small unit size battle that way.
    Do you have to have the person on your friends list to be invited? Haven't got any of invites yet.

Go to your steam settings and chose your region of downloads to be one of the regions that is well more active than your own . I live in australia but at different times in the day choose either american (there is multiple american ones) or one of the uk ones depending on the time .

I find this increases greatly my drop ins as well it only offers drop ins from the region your steam is hooked to so hook it to the most used at the time your playing PS i still get a great connection even going all the way to america or europe from australia.

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)