Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vladimir Putin isn’t going anywhere, or: Boris Nemtsov is a hack and a moron (in case you didn't know)

CarbEast's Avatar Senator
    The best place on planet Earth - Russia obviously.

Default Re: Vladimir Putin isn’t going anywhere, or: Boris Nemtsov is a hack and a moron (in case you didn't know)

Quote Originally Posted by corpse helvetica View Post
    choose putin because of others are worse?
    Is it any different anybody else? I'd expect the most of voters support the least disgusting of the options they're presented with.
    Last edited by CarbEast; March 12, 2010 at 03:34 PM.

It's all in a day's work for bicycle repairman.

Default Re: Vladimir Putin isn’t going anywhere, or: Boris Nemtsov is a hack and a moron (in case you didn't know)

Medvedev and Putin are the lesser evils in this case, I agree. Most Americans these days (at least from this generation) are far more interested in being cordial and in closer ties. Despite Putin's whining about us all the time.
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri

Frederich Barbarossa's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Edinburgh, Scotland (From Kendall, Florida and proud!)

putins coming to venezuela tommorrow!!! Im excited. Last time he brought like 5,000 russian marines.
    His highness, þeþurn I, Keng of Savomyr!

Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Frederich Barbarossa View Post
    putins coming to venezuela tommorrow!!! Im excited. Last time he brought like 5,000 russian marines.
    I could follow you till it said marines....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Where those hot female marines by any chance?

Putin is a great leader maximus, Kasparov a great chess-player, just to stay on topic.
    Last edited by Thorn777; March 12, 2010 at 09:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

Frederich Barbarossa's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Edinburgh, Scotland (From Kendall, Florida and proud!)

nope just short guys and tall blonde guys. I meant sailors
    His highness, þeþurn I, Keng of Savomyr!

YuriVII's Avatar Primicerius

Meanwhile, in part as a result of the improved economic conditions and in part because of efforts by the government to encourage births, the number of births has soared, from 1.27 million to 1.72 million in 2008, even as the overall population fell from 147 million to 142 million, meaning that the crude birth rate rose from 8.6 per 1000 inhabitants to 12.1. The number of deaths has by contrast declined from 2.23 million to 2.08 million, with infant deaths falling particularly much, from 19,300 to 14,500.

During the first 9 months of 2009, births increased an additional 3.7% while deaths dropped an additional 4.2%.

Because of the steady increase in births and decrease in the number of deaths, the drop in Russia's population might soon start to stop its contraction and start to increase.
    It is interesting to note that many posters on here keep commenting about Russia's population decline without knowing that this year births outpaced deaths for the first time since the fall of the Soviet Union. Dont know if it is just a statistical blip, but the statistics have shown a constant trend since 1998. So Russia's population decline is over for the time being.

Well, one can hardly expect that Russia stays in the miserable state the "Shock therapies" brought it in.
    I sincerly hope that it will stay economically and politically stable!
    Besides, I am inclined to believe that Putins/Medvedevs parts would propably win in "fair" elections too. Like in Weimar, I think that many Russians associate "Western Democracy" with humiliation and Chaos, and, compared to Weimar (which was better than its reputation), Jelzin didnt have a lot of good points.

cegorach's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlik the Rus View Post
    Noone can be compared in oposition destruction with oposition itself.
    Sadly, I partially agree.

The thing is that when you occupy the whole stage only the most stubborn or follish will remain to challenge the management.

In other words you have a circus not politics

Enemy of 'illiberal democracies', member of the B.A.L.T.S.
    VISIT Pike and Musket forums VISIT the amazing site about PLC
    under the patronage of the mighty ASTERIX

YuriVII's Avatar Primicerius

Well I used to like Yabloko party a lot, especially in local politics. Unfortunately they have kinda dropped into obscurity. The closest one is the Democratic Party of Russia, but they and their leader are nut-cases.

http://windowoneurasia.blogspot.com/...dle-class.html

um..something is boiling there: internet petioning is quickly growing - unsatisfied with putin.

Notable fact most petitoneers are from middle class. Read: brains. VERY IMPORTANT is the fact that this petitioning is not anonymous: people are willing to take risk to achieve desirable results. It is a sign that people have had enough .

Of course people don't like Putin. But even if miracle happens and he actually he resigns, who is going to replace him?

Quote Originally Posted by Volh Vseslavich View Post
    Of course people don't like Putin. But even if miracle happens and he actually he resigns, who is going to replace him?
    I think putin ignores those "lil' movements" and that is it. power is on his side after all.

I think putin ignores those "lil' movements" and that is it. power is on his side after all.
    Well, actual opposition is pretty massive, but it is surprisingly ignored by the west, while unpopular politicians like Kasparov are constantly being depicted as the only opposition in Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Volh Vseslavich View Post
    Well, actual opposition is pretty massive, but it is surprisingly ignored by the west, while unpopular politicians like Kasparov are constantly being depicted as the only opposition in Russia.
    as long as opposition includes commies, radical nationalists, corrupted high officials from Yeltsin era, clowns like Zhirinovsky.... hard to pick somebody.

for instance, I've heard that in Kaliningrad rally elder people demanded good 'ol times back but younger generation demanded solving visa problems with EU and import tax issues. very conflicting issuers among of opposition as you see.

In short opposition may be united in case of they demand "putin, step back" but they disagree on everything with each other overall.

http://windowoneurasia.blogspot.com/...dle-class.html

um..something is boiling there: internet petioning is quickly growing - unsatisfied with putin.

Notable fact most petitoneers are from middle class. Read: brains. VERY IMPORTANT is the fact that this petitioning is not anonymous: people are willing to take risk to achieve desirable results. It is a sign that people have had enough .
    7500 signatories? Good, now they only have to convince the remaining 141000000...

Il-Principe's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by CarbEast View Post
    7500 signatories? Good, now they only have to convince the remaining 141000000...
    For Russia 7 500 signatories are quite a lot. It's considered a dangerous threat to public security by the Kremlin mafia. 10 000 signatories are probably already a revolution...

Quote Originally Posted by Il-Principe View Post
    For Russia 7 500 signatories are quite a lot. It's considered a dangerous threat to public security by the Kremlin mafia. 10 000 signatories are probably already a revolution...
    You must have checked with Kremlin mafia recently, you know exactly what they think...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12