Thread: Problem with changing portraits

fingon's Avatar Tiro

Icon5 Problem with changing portraits

Hi I am pretty desperate now..

I want to change faction´s leader portrait. I made tga and jpg of the same dimensions as original (+ tga of course with alpha channel)

Tried to add them in folders (ui/portraits) / custom or european whatever, tried to save as mod pack then as a movie pack, but no luck. Of course I edited esf in campaign_env/campaign_model/world/faction/faction/family/family monarchy info character/portrait_details - I changed there first (tga small portrait) and third line (jpg big portrait) with respective paths, but still no luck in game. Do you know what am I doing wrong?? In the game is still occuring the same default portait no matter how I try..

Something is obviously rewriting paths to my new images.. ach jo.

EDIT: startpos is completely ignoring any changes in portrait path of my faction leader (I could for example add the path of any existing portrait, but no change). What is happening? I dont understand.
    I am using edited startpos of HusserlTW (for Saxony, Bavaria, Italy, Sweden) and I edited it to hybrid startpos (replacing campaign_model). Maybe thats the case. But what should I do now to fix it?
    Last edited by fingon; March 09, 2010 at 05:43 PM.

fingon's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Problem with changing portraits

I am only able to change portrait in the faction selection part, when I edit campaign preopen/factions infos/ faction infos, but when I edit it in campaign world it wont take change. So whats wrong? Anyone knows, what might be the mistake??

fingon's Avatar Tiro

Ok, the only way how I was able to do it was replacing the original portrait of king 002.tga and 002.jpg with new one. So I am not able to add a completely new portrait, it means that it is still something else I must edit - something in esf, which has still the wrong path (the old one) to portrait model. Does anyone know where it might be in esf?

To clear this a little bit: I made only one change in esf: this one in: campaign_env/campaign_model/world/faction array/faction array/faction/family/family monarchy info character/portrait details. So I must be still missing something in startpos, that has still the old path to portrait..

EDIT: ok so I have the same problem with king´s name. I am not able to change it, nor am I able to change his number (the sixth line in family monarchy info character.
    Last edited by fingon; March 10, 2010 at 01:57 AM.

fingon's Avatar Tiro

After sleepless night and more than 1 day of desperate editing, I found what is wrong. I have to edit also character array, not only family array. I was confused that the character that is king is described in character array as a minister, that was the problem.. omg.. I ll write a little tutorial I guess for anyone that will encounter the same problem.

I made a tutorial for this here
    Last edited by fingon; March 10, 2010 at 03:34 AM.

♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔'s Avatar Wyrd biõ ful ãræd

Well done sir ! I'm sure this will come in very handy once the big mods start up +rep

fingon's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔ View Post
    Well done sir ! I'm sure this will come in very handy once the big mods start up +rep
    Thank you.