Thread: smaller number of units better

Default smaller number of units better

I have noticed that some of the most memorable battles involve roughly 8-12 more or less evenly balanced units per side. It does not seem that size of each unit matters. The BAI seems to make better decisions on how to place and manipulate its units when it has fewer to manipulate. Anyone else notice this?

InF3sTeD's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: smaller number of units better

I hate the smaller unit sizes. My main problem with them is units route after taking like 20 casulties which doesn't take very long. I don't think the BAI would act any differently due to unit sizes. It might just seem that way because units can form lines faster then with larger unit sizes.

i think your opinion is totally wrong
    He who travels in search of knowledge, walks in the path of god. -Muhammad

Quote Originally Posted by InF3sTeD View Post
    I hate the smaller unit sizes. My main problem with them is units route after taking like 20 casulties which doesn't take very long. I don't think the BAI would act any differently due to unit sizes. It might just seem that way because units can form lines faster then with larger unit sizes.
    I think you have the wrong end of the stick there. He meant fewer unit cards, not smaller sizes.

I haven't noticed any difference in the BAI depending on the number of cards, but then again, I haven't played many battles yet.
    However, it does make sense that the BAI does better with fewer units, for one thing there would be fewer calculations to make regarding what goes where and attacks when, ect.

uffffff this issue was already commented in many threads in empire.
    Just search instead of post another thread

ufff yourself this is napoleon not etw and this is supposedly a revamped BAI

by the way I was not refering to unit sizes; bigger is better. my feeling is that this code simply can not adequately handle 20 units. It can handle fewer in a much
    improved fashion. Frankly I would prefer that ca improved their code to handle more units. btw this is not intended as a rant merely an observation from doing each and every battle without autoresolve. I had thought that my post and observation was clear but apparently not.nuff said. have a good

Quote Originally Posted by trk View Post
    I had thought that my post and observation was clear but apparently not.nuff said. have a good
    Your observation was clear and i reaffirm mine.

Quote Originally Posted by ronchas View Post
    Your observation was clear and i reaffirm mine.
    fine ;whatever; have a good