Thread: Napoleon Order of War - The Work begins here, please all NOW modders report here

Default Napoleon Order of War - The Work begins here, please all NOW modders report here

Napoleon Order of War

Well now my fellow modders, Napoleon Total War has arrived, and we can start the very basics of modding. Things like the UI we can do for now, until more is unlocked with a better version of PFM.

Until then these are the things I would like done, most of the work is for 2D artists, and anyone who can pack files.

-I want the boot screen changed, I already have a picture, anyone who wants to do this, please PM me for a link to download the picture.
    -If possible, I want the main menu changed, not the moving background, but just the title, change it from "Napoleon Total War" to "Napoleon Order of War" with the same style as the original title.
    -I want the loading screens changed to historical pictures, please check with me first on which pictures you want to use.
    -I want to give it a more of a red theme, rather than blue, so I want those little text boxes, that hand from the top of the screen, on chain, I want changed to red.
    -The Symbol of this mod is the Napoleonic eagle. So I want the eagle somewhere? Suggestions!
    -Now our biggest challenge yet, is that I want all the flags (Not the floating ones, the ones carried by the bearer) to be changed so they are historical, France is going to be the hardest one, where we might have to compromise, because France has an Imperial era, and a Republican era, so we have to have 1 flag that preresents them both!

Thats all we can do for now, plenty more will come, just post below on what you would like to do, and send you files to some packers. We need packers to volunteer first.
    The only one I want to have it own pack file is the flags

Our system works like this:
    -Modders create files
    -Then send them to a packer
    -Packer put everything together in a single pack (eg "NOWUI.pack" or "NOWflags.pack" or "NOWdata.pack")

So volunteer below, I trying to get JFC to help with flags, he will also need a little research, cause I want to use his NTF mod, but it needs a few changes done for this mod. Thats where the researchers will come in!

-General Beale
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

Default Re: Napoleon Order of War - The Work begins here, please all NOW modders report here

Since I can't do much on the game-side of things, I'll just have to offer my advice on the things I see. If anybody has any uniform/stat questions for the Russians, feel free to drop me a PM or post in one of the topics here.

In terms of pictures for loading screens and all that, check out the 'paintings' folder in the stash of pictures I posted in the other thread. It's got a ton of potentially useful images.

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Napoleon Order of War - The Work begins here, please all NOW modders report here

I also support this idea/Mod.

Good luck.

StartPos Editor reporting for duty.

Serenissima's Avatar Tiro

Still here for naval-related historical advisory...
    Most Serene.

Ok, thats all good, but we need packers, every modder could be a packer, doesn't matter what they are already doing!

Anyway, I don't care what youre doing, I already know that, this post is for choosing one of the above in the first post.
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

Oh, silly me. I don't know how to pack so I'm usless in that area.

Also the Eagle Should be out on top of the French Flag Poles if possible

So what will you be modding during this project Marshal Beale?
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Here's a quick mock-up of the menu title. If anybody knows how to get the official Napoleon font in Photoshop please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by -TopCat- View Post
    So what will you be modding during this project Marshal Beale?
    Accually, I will be re-texturing, and research, plus, I have to manage the whole project!

ANd thanks Red Ivan, you don't have to use the same font as NTW's, but just a one similar to it, and re-write Napoleon with that font!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ivan View Post
    Here's a quick mock-up of the menu title. If anybody knows how to get the official Napoleon font in Photoshop please let me know.

BTW, where did you find the file for the menu title! in which pack file, and where in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Beale View Post
    Accually, I will be re-texturing, and research, plus, I have to manage the whole project!

ANd thanks Red Ivan, you don't have to use the same font as NTW's, but just a one similar to it, and re-write Napoleon with that font!
    Great, I cant wait to see some of the retextures from this mod.
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Did you get your Steam account back yet Marshal

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Beale View Post
    BTW, where did you find the file for the menu title! in which pack file, and where in it?
    Boot Pack -> ui -> frontend ui -> skins. The file I used is logo.tga