Thread: Some questions about the Turks

Godart's Avatar Libertus

Default Some questions about the Turks

So I’m playing with the mighty Turks and own the whole middle-east, all former Byzantine and Egypt territories and some areas North of the Black sea.
    Had a relative fun campaign besides some smaller irritations, like a cannot ally with anyone because the Christians have called two crusades against Constantinopel which was at that time in my possession. So this ended up in war with every Christian faction, and whatever I try to improve relations, it’s never enough. These wars also decreased my rep too very untrustworthy.
    The decrease of rep has also to do with the way I fought the Mongol; which I defeated some turns ago (all three waves); whenever I had some Mongol prisoners, I killed them so I would not have to fight these men again…
    Now, I have some question:
    1. After the Mongols the Timurids will invade, and they will invade in my territory I guess, so when will they come? I think the year now is around 1300AD.
    2. I can train Jennisary musketiers and cannons, an army of these two with some cavalry, can they defeat an army of the Timurids? (I’ve never commanded a late-game army like that, because I tend to quiet campaigns when my empire gets to mighty. But this time I want to meet these famous Timurids!)
    3. I want to call some Jihads to increase the skills of my generals, how can I call one?

Default Re: Some questions about the Turks

dunno about beating the timurids, but any high-piety imam can call a jihad. i think, anyway. The higher his piety rating the greater the chance he'll be able to call a jihad, as far as I am aware.

3. Get an imam with 4 piety or more, and you will see a call jihad button in the lower left corner of the window.
    Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit, because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure ~ Tacitus

John Doe's Avatar Primicerius

IIRC tims show up around turn145, just a few turns after the black death.

Godart's Avatar Libertus

Damn! So this means I already could have called several Jihads…
    Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Godart View Post
    Damn! So this means I already could have called several Jihads…
    Thx
    Yeah, they're valuable in the beginning .
    Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit, because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure ~ Tacitus

Bring some nafftafun with you to feed timur's hungry elephants

And if they take 1 of your settlement and settle in...call a jihad to a far away land so some of Timur's scary general would be send on a prolong hike

Get a lot of janisarry archers and musketeers. Set up spikes from the archers at the beginning and place your muskets behind those barriers and the archers behind the muskets. Turn off skirmishing on the muskets. You will want infantry and cavalry along the sides of the ranged formation. Hashashims help quite a bit too if you move them to an out of the way area and have them flank/rear charge an enemy, they can break a flank by themselves.

Double A's Avatar person man

Quote Originally Posted by WastedTrojan View Post
    Get a lot of janisarry archers and musketeers. Set up spikes from the archers at the beginning and place your muskets behind those barriers and the archers behind the muskets. Turn off skirmishing on the muskets. You will want infantry and cavalry along the sides of the ranged formation. Hashashims help quite a bit too if you move them to an out of the way area and have them flank/rear charge an enemy, they can break a flank by themselves.
    That's a good strategy for dealing with their infantry and cavalry... not so much with the horse archers. Elephants just crush stakes, so doubtful it would be effective against them either, but the muskets would do some damage.

Right I highly suggest you check out Nazgul Killer's guide, which is constantly being bumped by me, him, and Asca the Aerodynamic (for when an elephant kicks him), so you should see it quite easily.
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)