Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heartbraker's Custom Battle Unit and Faction Unlocker V1 and Tighter Formation Mod V2

Heartbraker's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Heartbraker's Custom Battle Unit and Faction Unlocker V1.0

Quote Originally Posted by moisesjns View Post
    sigh this mod looks great i cant dl as i just want the polish legion and i dont feel like it btw can u help me i tried to add hte polish legion to bavaria (yes i know inaccurate) but i just want to see them in action without a whole new mod i added them to be created in the building units allowed on pfm and also made them availabe to the bavarians by copying the row of exclusive faction and changed to bavaria but when i start gma eit just goes to main menu plz help
    I'm not sure of what you need to do in order to make it work. Did you create a mod or did you edit the original game files? If you did I would suggest first undoing whatever you did and then extracting the tables you want to edit and create a new pack file. I haven't worked much with making units available in campaign. I suggest you try talking to someone with a little more modding experience.
    @Heartbraker,

Could you please make this mod easier to use?

Thanks,
    hellas1

BTW, The last nation I see is the Swiss Confederation as well, Should the user.script be changed at all?
    All you need to do is extract it to the data folder. How can I make it easier to use?
    Well it's at the sharpest level, so what else could it be?
    I'm still saying the the emergents should be ripped and placed in their own unlocker.
    If you have it on windowed mode that will also reduce the number visible. You can also edit which factions are available by opening the mod and going to the factions table changing the early availability from false to true for land battles and late availability for naval battles.
    @Heartbraker
    Really useful faction and unit unlocker! +rep
    Glad you like it.

Teutonic's Avatar Ordinarius

Do we need a specific tool to "open the mod"?
    Definitely need to take out some factions and include Hessen and Wurtemberg. And make sure we can see the Netherlands and Westphalia.

ps Thanks for the mod + rep
    Last edited by Teutonic; March 09, 2010 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
    Do we need a specific tool to "open the mod"?
    Definitely need to take out some factions and include Hessen and Wurtemberg. And make sure we can see the Netherlands and Westphalia.

ps Thanks for the mod + rep
    You need the pack file manager available here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=338259.

Teutonic's Avatar Ordinarius

Thanks Heartbraker

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

HeartBraker.

Hello.

I have like 6 days left until im moved to hospital >_< so they can treat my illness.

Now before i go maybe this will help with the future of your mod.

Great work appreciated and if you want i can also help out if you want for 6 days sorry mate.

Your mod ranks first in my eyes custom battles is all i play my freind so its a bloody great job.

Now the bugs and problems.

Factions seem to take alot longer loading etc but if i choose a normal faction like the British or France etc they load straight away it seems its just the new factions which seem to have a load time.

You should continue your work and do your own units and maybe get some help from other moders so they can expand you and maybe you can win mod of the year TITLE YES ? then you can go to break holiday and have a nice drink .

Hope to see some changes and improvements bud thanks alot cheered my days up .

Zaitochisan's Avatar Civis

+REP

Great ideas.... Kudos for the speed.

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

Just to RE CAP.

Why not make a British grenadier unit for the British.

Make a French middle guard.

That way alot of people will be happy including myself.

Can i also strongly advise you do a marine unit also in custom battle land ? that would be very nice.

Need any help ? PM ME.

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Nice mod Sir, just a question. Are these units only for custom battles or they work in campaigns too? If they are not in campaigns its possible to add them there?

Quote Originally Posted by GAS MASK View Post
    HeartBraker.

Hello.

I have like 6 days left until im moved to hospital >_< so they can treat my illness.

Now before i go maybe this will help with the future of your mod.

Great work appreciated and if you want i can also help out if you want for 6 days sorry mate.

Your mod ranks first in my eyes custom battles is all i play my freind so its a bloody great job.

Now the bugs and problems.

Factions seem to take alot longer loading etc but if i choose a normal faction like the British or France etc they load straight away it seems its just the new factions which seem to have a load time.

You should continue your work and do your own units and maybe get some help from other moders so they can expand you and maybe you can win mod of the year TITLE YES ? then you can go to break holiday and have a nice drink .

Hope to see some changes and improvements bud thanks alot cheered my days up .
    Just to RE CAP.

That way alot of people will be happy including myself.

Can i also strongly advise you do a marine unit also in custom battle land ? that would be very nice.

Need any help ? PM ME.
    Wow...
    I'm not really sure how to respond to this so please forgive any awkwardness. Well right now I don't need any help with anything, but thanks for the offer. As for your problem with the load times there isn't anything I can do about that, it's simply just the way the game is. I may try to make my own units someday but right now I don't have or now of a good free texture editor. I've also never used a texture editor before so it would be a while before create anything of good quality. I suggest you give your suggestions to Swiss Halberdier as he is very skilled at modding. Also, I am very sad to hear that you have cancer and I hope you beat the cancer.
    Nice mod Sir, just a question. Are these units only for custom battles or they work in campaigns too? If they are not in campaigns its possible to add them there?
    This mod only adds units to custom battle. I believe the AUM-Napoleon mod adds them to campaign mode.

I tried it out and now I'll prolly play more Custom Battles. Thanks and + REP

Could you unlock the Brunswickers for Prussia. They are in Waterloo historical battle but not in custom battle, I'm sad because they look so great !

All those units are available in campaign or single battle ?

GasMask many wishes for you. Be as fierce as a Grognard and you will beat everything. I hope they will let you playing NTW at hospital
    Try the Napoleonic Mod for ETW

joreto's Avatar Tiro

Hi The mod looks great, but is it compatible with "Total combat" mod ?
    &

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Heartbraker View Post
    Wow...
    I'm not really sure how to respond to this so please forgive any awkwardness. Well right now I don't need any help with anything, but thanks for the offer. As for your problem with the load times there isn't anything I can do about that, it's simply just the way the game is. I may try to make my own units someday but right now I don't have or now of a good free texture editor. I've also never used a texture editor before so it would be a while before create anything of good quality. I suggest you give your suggestions to Swiss Halberdier as he is very skilled at modding. Also, I am very sad to hear that you have cancer and I hope you beat the cancer.

This mod only adds units to custom battle. I believe the AUM-Napoleon mod adds them to campaign mode.

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    Well it's at the sharpest level, so what else could it be?
    I'm still saying the the emergents should be ripped and placed in their own unlocker.

cant a high resolution sometimes cause a similar issue to a low resolution, based on what it was made for, also i do not dissagree with the point about the emergents, it just makes everything easier

p.s. WooT 200th post

@Heartbraker,

I mean NO disrespect to your work sir. The mod IS easy to download and install, it's the usage of your mod which is awkward.

I just am confused regarding the choosing of factions (Concocting up specific army make up):

All I do is reach the point where the factions show but I can't make up an army NOR can I make up an army without a plumed hat wearing general!

Please help, is all I ask
    Thank you,
    hellas1

Quote Originally Posted by hellas1 View Post
    @Heartbraker,

I mean NO disrespect to your work sir. The mod IS easy to download and install, it's the usage of your mod which is awkward.

I just am confused regarding the choosing of factions (Concocting up specific army make up):

All I do is reach the point where the factions show but I can't make up an army NOR can I make up an army without a plumed hat wearing general!

Please help, is all I ask
    Thank you,
    hellas1
    When you select a minor faction in custom battle the faction will have no army and will display the unit cards of the previously selected faction. All you need to do is click on the big red x this is the deselect current army button. After that you can select a general, most minor factions only have one general, and then you can select an army. I don't think there is any way I can change this.

How can i make Republican Guards recrutable with britan with out it being a Republic in the campaign?
    useing pfm?

Quote Originally Posted by Heartbraker View Post
    I suggest you give your suggestions to Swiss Halberdier as he is very skilled at modding. Also, I am very sad to hear that you have cancer and I hope you beat the cancer.
    Hello Heartbraker, thanks for your kind words about me. Yes AUM-NAP adds several units to the campaign and it is fully playable with your mod.

So all NAP players can combine your "Custom Battle Unit and Faction Unlocker" mod with AUM-NAP. It's the perfect combination to get all units in the custom battle and the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by GAS MASK View Post
    Just to RE CAP.
    Hello Gasmask, first of all I hope you beat the cancer. I've got good news for you. Today I released AUM-NAP 1.3 which includes the "British Grenadiers" and the "French Middle Guard". Marines will be probably released later.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast