View Poll Results: What seems the more balanced for a campaign with dropins allowed?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Campaign: Normal

The results are hidden 0%
  • Campaign: Hard

• Campaign: Very Hard

• Battles: Normal

• Battles: Hard

• Battles: Very Hard

Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: What is the right difficulty for a campaign with drop-ins?

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

Default What is the right difficulty for a campaign with drop-ins?

As the drop-in battles make campaign harder to win, what do you think is a good choice for a drop-in campaign?

Against the AI, I usually play H/H but I'm starting to think that H/N or N/H could be better as drop-ins make campaign much harder (and more interesting) to win.

Please vote what seems the more balanced to you for a campaign with drop-ins, as well as why you've chosen that option.
    Last edited by Leoben; March 08, 2010 at 02:43 PM.

Default Re: Poll: what is the right difficulty for a campaign with drop-ins?

I got it set to n/n but I use houserules to make it challenging like allowing the AI to manage all my settlements or only being able to recruit units with a general.

If I weren't using house rules I would say H/H would be right however I'm not sure if battle difficulty affects the drop in battles so it might be a good idea to set that to normal when ever you fight a human player.
    Lethal Mod - Creator
    Steam Name: Joe Novax

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

For the moment, I think I'll use Normal/Normal, but this is subject to change of course if I feel the campaign is too easy in normal or the battles against the AI too boring.

I think H/H... it's what I'm playing right now and feels ok.
    Thing about the battles is that even when you can allow drop-in, they are usually balanced towards you, so the battle boni for Hard should level that a bit.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Well, i'm using Normal/Very Hard.

Primicerius

Default Re: What is the right difficulty for a campaign with drop-ins?

I'd vote for Hard to Very Hard campaign. On Hard, diplomacy still is reasonable but the AI gets cash, movement point and research bonuses. On very hard, single province AI enemies will be able to generate stacks of troops with no visible cash flow to back that up. So: your choice. As to battles, I suggest Normal when playing against drop-ins changing it to hard or very hard (if you like the AI's accuracy bonuses) in the battles you play against AI. One can change the battle difficulty before each battle.

Why normal battle difficulty against drop ins? It is not clear whether the AI bonuses of the harder battle difficulties get transferred to the human drop-in opponent. There is still no answer from CA. So, for now, it's safer to assume the human opponent gets the bonuses too.
    Last edited by Slaists; March 09, 2010 at 08:39 AM.