Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: User Script

Stinkfloyd's Avatar Tiro

Default User Script

This might be a dumb question but where is the user script located? It is not in my scripts folder. Preferences is there but not the user script. Am I missing something? Thanks for any help.

Default Re: User Script

you must create it yourself. It is not there unless you create it.

(right click in the folder -> new -> .txt file )

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Knight View Post
    you must create it yourself. It is not there unless you create it.

(right click in the folder -> new -> .txt file )
    And be sure to save as Unicode.

Shabby_Ronin's Avatar Primicerius

How exactly would I add/enter these to the script Erasmus?

cntw_Battle_AI_v1b.pack
    Mod_MoscowMusketeers.pack
    Mod_Spys_Cant_Kill.pack
    Mod_tyrant_full.pack
    UltimateSoundMod.pack
    BloodOnly.pack

I want tyrant to take priority over all others, and do the files have to have a Mod prefix to be able to go in the scripts.txt?

Do they all have to be in the user script?

This stuff confuses me.
    Last edited by Shabby_Ronin; March 08, 2010 at 07:10 PM.
    "...I'll look for something else. We're surrounded by water. Why are we eating knob?"

Stinkfloyd's Avatar Tiro

Thank you for your help. Just one more question: After I create the file do I have to manually enter the pack file names or if I play the game will it write the packs into the file for me? I kind of remember the game creating the file for me with an older Total War.

Quote Originally Posted by Shabby_Ronin View Post
    How exactly would I add/enter these to the script Erasmus?

cntw_Battle_AI_v1b.pack
    Mod_MoscowMusketeers.pack
    Mod_Spys_Cant_Kill.pack
    Mod_tyrant_full.pack
    UltimateSoundMod.pack
    BloodOnly.pack

I want tyrant to take priority over all others, and do the files have to have a Mod prefix to be able to go in the scripts.txt?

Do they all have to be in the user script?

This stuff confuses me.
    I'm fairly certain the mods load from first to last, so the last .pack gets precedence. If you find that doesn't work, put which ever one you want to trump the others first and report back so that I know I was wrong .

Your script should look something like this:

Code:
    mod "cntw_Battle_AI_v1b.pack";
    mod "Mod_MoscowMusketeers.pack";
    mod "Mod_Spys_Cant_Kill.pack";
    mod "UltimateSoundMod.pack";
    mod "BloodOnly.pack";
    mod "mod_tyrant_full.pack";
    They have to be in the user script if they're type "mod". If they're type "patch" or "movie", they do not need to be listed in the script. They do not need a "Mod_" prefix. Some people do that so that you know it's a "mod" type, as opposed to "patch_tyrant_full.pack".

This isn't quite correct.SR wants Tyrant mod to take priority,so he must put Tyrant on top of Luntik AI mod to properly override Luntik db changes.Here:

Code:
    mod "BloodOnly.pack"
    Cheers!

Stinkfloyd's Avatar Tiro

only mod type and movie type pack files get added into the user script right? Do patch type pack files get entered into the script?

Shabby_Ronin's Avatar Primicerius

Ok thanks guys./
    "...I'll look for something else. We're surrounded by water. Why are we eating knob?"

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkfloyd View Post
    only mod type and movie type pack files get added into the user script right? Do patch type pack files get entered into the script?
    All type of mods(mod,movie,patch,release)must be put in game data folder. Only and again only mod type of modifications are activated via user.script. All other types are acivated automaticaly.You can quickly see which type is mod with PFM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oby View Post
    This isn't quite correct.SR wants Tyrant mod to take priority,so he must put Tyrant on top of Luntik AI mod to properly override Luntik db changes.Here:

Code:
    mod "BloodOnly.pack"
    Cheers!
    Thanks for that, I couldn't remember if it was first or last that got precedence. So the bottom gets loaded first.

Stinkfloyd's Avatar Tiro

Thank you. I checked each of the mods i'm using and only one or to actually are mod type packs. The reason I ask is that the Flag mod comes with a sample user script entry, but it is not a mod type pack. The next logical question would be which pack type's data takes precedence; the movie, the patch or the pack? Thanks for your help as I've been trying to figure this stuff out so I can make some of my own changes. I appreciate the assistance.

You should check that thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...16#post6903916 .It has a lot of useful info.Don't know the correct order.Explanation must be somwhere on the official forum.

BTW I never use other type than mod and I never had any problems not in NTW and not in ETW.If modification is in other type than mod than I change it with PFM and activate it via user.script.You can have a mess with all those types and you never know if the mod is loaded properly or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkfloyd View Post
    Thank you. I checked each of the mods i'm using and only one or to actually are mod type packs. The reason I ask is that the Flag mod comes with a sample user script entry, but it is not a mod type pack. The next logical question would be which pack type's data takes precedence; the movie, the patch or the pack? Thanks for your help as I've been trying to figure this stuff out so I can make some of my own changes. I appreciate the assistance.
    It goes: patch, mod, movie. "Patch" types take precedence over each other by date stamp. "Movie" trumps everything and movies are a must for .loc file mods.

Too many movie types causes problems, so stick with the others if you can. However, switching to movie-type can be helpful if you're trying to figure out if your mod works, but is getting overwritten by something else.

you keep missing the last ; Oby

maxsim666's Avatar Miles

Hi mates
    I read somewhere in twcenter how to disable a mod in user.script.txt without deleting its entry but now I am not able to find it again ; to put it better and more clear I need to know what character or string had to be put in frond of the string about the mod I want do disable.
    could anyone help me?
    "In hostem celerrime volant"

- Voloire -

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Knight View Post
    you keep missing the last ; Oby
    Thanks.I didn't see that one.

Code:
    mod "BloodOnly.pack";
    Hi mates
    I read somewhere in twcenter how to disable a mod in user.script.txt without deleting its entry but now I am not able to find it again ; to put it better and more clear I need to know what character or string had to be put in frond of the string about the mod I want do disable.
    could anyone help me?
    You can put // in front of mod you want to disable it.More info:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...33#post6909033

maxsim666's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Oby View Post
    Thanks.I didn't see that one.

Code:
    mod "BloodOnly.pack";
    You can put // in front of mod you want to disable it.More info:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...33#post6909033
    thanks Oby is that what I looked for so long
    "In hostem celerrime volant"

- Voloire -

boche's Avatar Ordinarius
    mi querida Espaņa, Islas canarias/ My beloved Spain, canary islands

ive been at it for amlost a day and i cant fix it, i have Luntik AI mod, Weapon FX mod installed, but everytime i go into a game the sound is gone. ive verified the game cache, removed then replaced the files, i have the user script like this :

mod "WeaponFX";

what am i doing wrong??

thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by boche View Post
    ive been at it for amlost a day and i cant fix it, i have Luntik AI mod, Weapon FX mod installed, but everytime i go into a game the sound is gone. ive verified the game cache, removed then replaced the files, i have the user script like this :

mod "WeaponFX";

what am i doing wrong??

thanks!!
    My guess is you aren't saving your script as "Unicode". The option is at the bottom of the "Save As..." dialog.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast