Thread: Drop in battle mechanics - how do they work?

Default Drop in battle mechanics - how do they work?

I wondering if one of you kind souls could help me with something

I have started a campaign with drop in battles enabled. What I noticed is at the start of the campaign I got a string of requests to join other peoples campaign battles which I did and thoroughly enjoyed. However I had no one jump in my own campaign battles, or anytrhing indicating that the computer was at least trying to find someone. I just got AI battles as normal.

Do you have to have certain settings to enable this or request a drop in manually somehow, or does it do it automatically?

Also, how do you know that someone is about to drop into your battle? I have had dozens of battles but no indication that the game is trying to find me a drop in partner. Its really frustrasting because i see no point enabling drop in's if you never get them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by jimmy44; March 08, 2010 at 04:18 AM.

Default Re: Drop in battle mechanics - how do they work?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy44 View Post
    What I noticed is at the start of the campaign I got a string of requests to join other peoples campaign battles which I did and thoroughly enjoyed.
    You nearly cost me Vienna, damn you!

However I had no one jump in my own campaign battles, or anytrhing indicating that the computer was at least trying to find someone. [...]
    Also, how do you know that someone is about to drop into your battle?
    When a battle is about to start and the "attack/autoresolve/withdraw" options are shown, there is an additional button "find drop-in for this battle".
    This is only available if the battle is nearly balanced though (can't remember whether it's not present at all or greyed out if it's not an option).
    I tend to have drop-ins for mid-sized battles mostly.

So, even if you have activated drop-in for your campaign, you have to actively select it per battle; don't worry, I don't think you'll miss it if it's there.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Default Re: Drop in battle mechanics - how do they work?

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    You nearly cost me Vienna, damn you!

When a battle is about to start and the "attack/autoresolve/withdraw" options are shown, there is an additional button "find drop-in for this battle".
    This is only available if the battle is nearly balanced though (can't remember whether it's not present at all or greyed out if it's not an option).
    I tend to have drop-ins for mid-sized battles mostly.

So, even if you have activated drop-in for your campaign, you have to actively select it per battle; don't worry, I don't think you'll miss it if it's there.
    Thanks daniu! Wow didn't realise i was fighting over such a rich prize. I would have brought out my secret weapon if I had known that!

Thanks for the tip. I don't think I noticed a drop in battle button, but then again I wasn't expecting to see one there.

Hopefully see you again on the battlefield.

Cheers