Thread: Napoleon won't go further than Copenhagen...

Default Napoleon won't go further than Copenhagen...

Napoleon will completely steamroll Europe and show no mercy but, when he takes Copenhagen he stops and turns back... At least he could keep going to Norway and Sweden... He doesn't even go for Finland!!!!!!!! Is this is a glitch or is it just a coincidence?

Wally's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Napoleon won't go further than Copenhagen...

Too cold....much too cold.

It's a glitch. Same thing happened on mine

scripted?
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon's Febreeze View Post
    At least he could keep going to Norway and Sweden... He doesn't even go for Finland!!!!!!!! Is this is a glitch or is it just a coincidence?
    Is there anything important to gain in these three countries?

Maiden_Ante's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Xerrop View Post
    Is there anything important to gain in these three countries?
    Excellent strategic positions to attack Russia (especially St. Petersburg), good trade income around Östersjön and the Baltikum, a lot of natural resources in form of iron and wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Maiden_Ante View Post
    Excellent strategic positions to attack Russia (especially St. Petersburg)
    In a realistic game you would need a fleet superior to the Royal Navy for supporting your troops in distant finland. Without naval support the French would suffer from the same shortnesses as in their egyptian campaign.
    A sparsely populated era with long marching distances through Sweden isn´t the best place to concentrate troops for an invasion.

And ingame Moscow is the capital of Russia and the priority target number one.

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

I'm tempted to say that this is probably something that's scripted seeing as Napoleon never had and business in those countries nor did he show any intention of having some whereas it could be argued it would be somewhat realistic if he invaded Britain because he did prepare an invasion fleet and army.

Xelathur's Avatar Ducenarius

In my campaigns nappy always get stopped by Prussia/Austria.. It's a shame,everything seems so passive!
    One’s back is vulnerable, unless one has a brother.
    Ber er hver að baki nema sér bróður eigi.

The Saga of Grettir the Strong, chapter 82

IMO Norway,Sweden and Finland are very important... Norway has a port that is really far up and you can sail trade ships up and around britain instead of around the channel. By the time you get to Sweden stockholm will already be a rich city so if you loot it big bucks there. Finland has a great strategic position for a russian invasion.

Napoleon will completely steamroll Europe and show no mercy but, when he takes Copenhagen he stops and turns back...
    HMM not in my Russian Campaign, Napoleon came all the way to Russia door step. He and his 12 full stacks were meet by my four Full stacks. After about ten turns and a whole lot of dead French Men with some allied Troops. Napoleon was turned back, but only for a short while. I was able to get back most of Austria and Prussia lands and gave them back to their original owners. Meet Napoleon again at Austria boarders and again was attacked by Nemours waves of Armies. Again Napoleon pushed all the Way to Russia’s boarders before being stopped. I think he would have gone all the way to Moscow if I did not stop him... I still lost do to I did not meet the Victory Conditions, but it was a very fun Campaign. Played on H/H.