Thread: Is France the only aggressor?

Default Is France the only aggressor?

3 Campaigns for me so far and France is the only aggressor. Everyone sits around until France shows up in that territory. France just shows up takes a region and the 4 stacks in walking distance in the next region won't fight them unless France moves into that Region.

Like Prussia has 4 stacks sitting in Berlin and France has all the lower German states and are picking off all of Prussia's regions and unless France enters Berlin the stacks won't do anything.

9-10 Nations at war with France and they all are pacifists. Protectorates I've tried everything they just sit there gifting them 50k and all the techs and regions and then babysitting until they are secure.

Other than the couple of Armies that on Turn 1 are on their way to France I have yet to see anyone go After France. Austria sometimes but once they lose Vienna they are just idle the rest of the game even if you take Vienna from France and gift it back and protect it they are just Idle the rest of the game.

Is anyone else noticing this?

Default Re: Is France the only aggressor?

I think the countries only take the territories of their victory conditions, because that's how it seems in my campaigns. And I don't think the countries will break their alliances to obtain their victory territories. So if one country is part of the coalition then they usually have to wait for France to take that territory then expand. Also, give it some time, I noticed that my campaigns start off kinda slow then escalate into total war (pun intended).

In my last Campaign I played as Britain and France beat up on Austria the whole game until the took Vienna and that was when Prussia swung into action and took all the small german states and took a bunch of places from France. Meanwhile I creeped up the Iberian Peninsula. but yeah until 1807 France was the only big agressor other than me but that all changed once Prussia decided it was going to help me out.

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

I think you figured out CAs dirty little secret to how they make France do so well against the other AI factions

In my current campaign I am being slammed on one side by the French, and the other by the Russians! it is quite a war old boy, one that has more participants than the French!

in my game as prussia its austria believe it or not thats doing the best. they're at war with the ottomans and have taken all but one of their provinces. austria also took out the swiss and have a foothold into italy as well. really impressive what theyve done

CerealGuy's Avatar Centenarius

its scripted
    for instance play as Bavaria and then France will sit around and you will get attacked from prussia,saxony,and Austria
    if you play any minor faction france sits around
    Last edited by CerealGuy; March 07, 2010 at 08:25 PM.
    CerealGuy/Friday before

what do tigers dream of?

In my game France was doing not so well it lagged in tech and economy so I gave it all the tech and 50k and then...the World Burned

Playing Russia atm on h/h (don't know if difficulty level makes a difference) and Prussia and Austria are beating hell out of France while I grab Sweden and Turkish provinces.They declared war on me a couple times but I buy them off for the moment.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

that is a good idea. I will try to make austria high tech n rich! lets see how france handles that.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

kommandant's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by craziii View Post
    that is a good idea. I will try to make austria high tech n rich! lets see how france handles that.
    well i've done that in my current campaing as GB and although Austria did put up a fight against the
    Turks and the French they are slowly starting to fade away the moment Spain entered the fray,
    Spain took the region right above the Papal states from Austria, and after that Austria is little by little
    losing territory to France but still mantaining the captured Ottoman providences from the Turks thanks
    to Russia

and also Spain is extremely aggresive in mine, more so than France i should say, my fleet had managed
    to cripple the French fleet but with Spain back in the war, the Armada has made a big impact in my
    campaing, they have taken West and East Prussia while giving me a run for my money by damaging my
    fleets

I've noticed in my campaigns that France tends not to do well... If you early on attack all the regions in France except for Paris itself... Avoid all French forces and loot and destroy everything in the region once you take it... Then just retreat and watch the fireworks!!!

Wegen7 die Große's Avatar Domesticus
    In the country side of the once glorious British Isles.

So basically ive noticed that in every campaign the factions are different, which CA did it right this time.But yes i like to play as Prussia and ive noticed that France walks all over Austria and then comes after me.Bet yes the french are aggressive, for the first time in history. No offense

I'm playing as France and Prussia left me alone but I attribute that to the friendly feelings they had toward me after giving a state gift.

Austria attacked me a lot. Made peace and attacked again. I've take Croatia and Munich for them. Bashed their armies, Destroyed everything in Munich and croatia and gave Munich to to Prussians. Now Austria is being chewed by Prussia. Poland, also chewed by Prussia, Russians and Swedish.

Meanwhile, I do something useful, like overtaking India. I made peace with England and Austria before undertaking this. I still got some resource up north and in venice just in case.

I would have thought it was common sense that france is the main combatant in this period it is called napoleon total war , But i have seen other factions gain momentum not as much as france though as expected

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

Quote Originally Posted by ndefontenay View Post

Meanwhile, I do something useful, like overtaking India.
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by ndefontenay View Post
    I'm playing as France and Prussia left me alone but I attribute that to the friendly feelings they had toward me after giving a state gift.

Austria attacked me a lot. Made peace and attacked again. I've take Croatia and Munich for them. Bashed their armies, Destroyed everything in Munich and croatia and gave Munich to to Prussians. Now Austria is being chewed by Prussia. Poland, also chewed by Prussia, Russians and Swedish.

Meanwhile, I do something useful, like overtaking India. I made peace with England and Austria before undertaking this. I still got some resource up north and in venice just in case.
    How do you overtake india in N:TW?

Not for me. Once France was out of the picture Prussia started to storm into my regions and take a couple here and there. I had to ship three full stacks to Denmark to swarm down on them.