Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle AI mod (Nap)

Luntik's Avatar Biarchus

Default Battle AI mod (Nap)

Its just the battle AI

Download Link http://www.filefront.com/15769883/cn...le_AI_v1b.pack dead link
    Download cntw_Battle_AI_v1b.pack and put it to your [...]napoleon total war/data folder
    Updated link from post #263: http://dl51.qiannao.com/downfile/cla...99dde58766a301

Please note that the record line
    mod cntw_Battle_AI_v1b.pack;
    should be in the first top row of file user.script

Is an example file user.script

note
    its beta, try it to your risk
    note
    general has received the anti-suicide inoculated
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    It all changes, which makes my mod:
    _kv_fatigue (entire table)
    _kv_morale (entire table)
    _kv_rules (entire table)
    battle_entities (entire table + add 1 unique row)
    unit_abilities (entire table, but it's my mistake, it was possible to confine 1 row) removed F&A
    unit_stats_land (38 row relating of generals)

for those who encountered difficulties
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

1 remove all any mode from folder ... \Steam\SteamApps\common\napoleon total war\data

2 put cntw_Battle_AI_v1b.pack in folder ... \Steam\SteamApps\common\napoleon total war\data

3 put user.script in folder

Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\(Your User Name Here)\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts
    Windows 7\Vista - C:\Users\(Your User Name Here)\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts

4 start custom battle, if you do not see the button
    on the control panel - then mod installed correctly

5 try the battle, remember your feelings

6 add removed mods back, try the custom battle, compare your feelings

7 combine and experiment
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    sound bug solution
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...16#post6903916

New groupformations for NTW
    Download Link http://www.filefront.com/17415241/cn...ormations.pack

for user.script:
    mod cntw_groupformations.pack;

Note if there is no effect, then you have in your [...]napoleon total war/data folder other mod which has the format "movie" and contains another groupformations.bin

This latest version of groupformations from ETW patch5.pack
    Greatly improves the behavior of the AI, at least prevents the diagonal movement of the cavalry and light infantry. Use it with any BAI modes, looks good even with pure vanilla.

The next step - moving groupformations from NTW to ETW ?
    Last edited by Gigantus; February 11, 2016 at 03:40 AM. Reason: updated link

Default Re: Battle AI mod (Nap)

Great. But too vague.

What does it do, exactly?
    A Mod for Med2 Kingdoms:

THERA:REDUX

Click here:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-redux

Luntik's Avatar Biarchus

CrayonVonCaesar,
    this mod improves the battle AI

DeaDBolT's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Luntik View Post
    CrayonVonCaesar,
    this mod improves the battle AI
    I think what Crayon means is, where is the overview of what you changed and to what effect did you do so?

I mean, we can take your word for it, but i for one dont care much for downloading things i know nothing about and i am guessing i am not the only one.

You might want to add a changelog so to say, if you have the time, just trying to help

Cheers,
    "Opinions that come forth out of prejudice and lack of knowledge are always defended most fiercely, often with violence" Unknown (with additions by myself)

Proud to be Dutch.
    A proud member of S.I.N.

Something i said made sense? +rep me to +rep you.

DarthMod@Twitter (NEW!)
    Call to arms! An army of 5.000 is needed.

where is the overview of what you changed and to what effect did you do so?
    Kinda like a video of before and after your changes, sorry I dont download anything.... UNLESS I know what its gonna do to my game files...

Take a good look at the statistics and bodies folks, You should see how the AI coped with my Austrian Fellows.

They were pretty darn good...

How exactly do you get this mod to work? just place it in data?
    "There was a time when I searched for steel, when steel meant more to me then gold or jewels"
    -Thulsa Doom

boche's Avatar Ordinarius
    mi querida España, Islas canarias/ My beloved Spain, canary islands

i would still want to know more about it and some kind of proof please

interested!

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

note
    general has received the anti-suicide inoculated
    Brilliant work!

But... a changelog? Something?

Thoragoros's Avatar Citizen

Dude, what can we expect? This isn't difficult. What did you change? How will the AI behave? Come on.
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

Where Gods Walk Among Men
    The Line of Thor
    Patron of: Bethencourt, Hip63, m_1512

Under the Patronage of Captain Blackadder, Member of the Legion of Rahl.

Well I placed the file in my data folder and I'm not sure if I needed to do anything else but i can tell you that the AI did not use its general for normal combat at all. However it did clump its inf infront of my Canester loaded cannons...
    "There was a time when I searched for steel, when steel meant more to me then gold or jewels"
    -Thulsa Doom

This is the guy who made this mod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=333541 for ETW. I have been using it for the better part of a month, and it improves gameplay dramatically. The changes he made got adopted by Darth as part of DM (he show up on page 2 of the thread, with this handy chart that shows the changes made: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...64#post6801264 ). Plus, since it affects just the BAI, it is compatible with all other (non BAI) mods (eg. IS, APE: TI, TROM...). While that may not be a problem now, with NTW modding still in embryo, once the big total conversion mods get up and running, you will be grateful for this...

The changes his ETW made were nullifying a set of variables that had something to do with charge distance. This resulted in the AI being much more selective about engaging in melee, keeping formations better, and also somehow reduced overlap and hence the melee bug. Assuming (I know, big assumption) that this mod makes essentially the same changes, and (even bigger assumption) that they have the same effect in Napoleon, I would highly recommend it to anyone and everyone.

Even if not, I would encourage everyone to give this the benefit of the doubt and test it.

I have just downloaded this mod, and jumped into a custom battle, Me as UK, and my opponent france, allmost instantly i have noticed a difference in ai behavior, not only did it properly form a line to attack me, but it advanced towards me and depolyed its cannons and began pummeling me while its line styed put, after about 1 minute its main line advanced and engaged with me in what i would call a perfect line battle, for the first time the AI give me a very very hard time and i just say managed to win.. i cannot beleave it, i dont know what this guy has done but this is certainly a massive instant improvement on AI, wow.

I'll try it. You can always just remove it if it mucks up your game.

Seriously, you must try this mod. you will allmost certainly notice a massive improvement on Battle AI

Please note that the record
    mod cntw_Battle_AI_v1b.pack;
    should be in the first top row of file user.script
    What does this mean? sorry im not so wise when it comes to this stuff.
    -Thulsa Doom

I tried 2 campaign battles with this and was quite impressed. I do have larger units (x2,5) and fire by rank so I don't know if that affected this mod. The enemy general didn't charge my line and the French enemy formed lines before advancing and managed a good battle. I didn;t move much from my position except to try to counter his flanking attacks. I'll try it more tomorrow.
    I'll show some screenshots (Russians vs France)
    In the first battle I set up in a sneaky position in a corner behind a village and the AI did its best but still got confused in the cramped space

In the 2nd battle in open ground he formed a long line and gave me a fierce firefight ,only meleeing when he had me flanked

And the general stayed behind his lines. I was quite impressed
    Last edited by Jihada; March 07, 2010 at 11:25 PM.

randir14's Avatar Ordinarius

Just got my ass kicked by the Ottomans, the AI is definitely improved with this mod.

Ai is performing better BTW what difficulty is everyone testing at?

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast