That's right- it's that time of year again! The Scriptorium (click dat) is hosting another writing competition, and submissions will be taken in all through the months of March and April, starting now, until the 30th of April. The voting will take place in May. One change that we will make from last year's competition is that as opposed to one that we had last time is that we will have the voting in rounds. The way this works is that every five submissions we have will be put into a group together (in order of submission). A vote will be conducted for 10 days and the winner of the round will be placed aside. When all the other rounds are completed, a final poll will be made with the winners of all the previous rounds. The names of the authors will be known only to the librarians. Anyone can submit a piece, unless they are the chief librarian (this means everybody but me).

Now, what is this and why on Earth would you want to participate in this? Well, quite a few reasons. The Scriptorium writing competition is the oldest running community competition on TWC. The winners get to be immortalized in one of the Catalogues of the Script, Catalogue Seven.
Not only that, but you get a medal if you are one of the top three writers! There is also a medal for the Librarian's Choice, which is picked by the librarians in their own, separate vote. Here are all the medals:

Gold

Silver

Bronze

Librarian's Choice

See those medals? They look nice, don't they. I mean they look really jazzy. I mean look at them. I will also throw in Mister Juba, the recent inheritor of millions according to an email I received last night. All you have to do is PM myself or another librarian your social security number and date of birth.*

By that^ I mean that you will also get reps if you win a medal!

• Gold medal- 20 reps
  • Silver medal- 10 reps
  • Bronze medal- 5 reps
  • Librarian's Choice- 10 reps

Now to the few rules that we have in the Scriptorium Writing Competition. The word limit is 500-4000 words, although a few words (and I mean only a few) over or under the limit will be (grudgingly, and with this face: ) accepted.

Also, please do not break the site's Terms of Service in your piece. I mean, it's k if you write steamy love stories in your own time (and even more so if they involve sweaty latino men), but they don't really belong on TWC because of the ToS. Also, cheating will not be tolerated. Cheating will be dealt with very strictly. I mean come on broses. That's not the way of the street.

You can PM your submission to myself or one of the currently active librarians. However, I suggest sending it to multiple people to make sure that it gets posted. Here is the list:

Legio

Astaroth

Acco

delra

Hesus de bodemloze

Hobbes

Nazgūl Killer

Raglan von Dobeln

Vεrbalcartɷnist

Lysimachus

That's it for now, don't hesitate to post here or PM myself if you have any questions about it!

*pls dont, but pics are welcome.