Thread: Help needed about combat... a lot of it!

Default Help needed about combat... a lot of it!

Hello guys this it going to be my first post and i m also pretty new to TW series...

i have some questions concerning combat:

best army composition and types of it (eg. howitzers vs foot artilery etc)
    types of tactics
    i usually wait for the enemy to come to me and dont move but i think it is wrong what do u guys think about it
    when to plant stakes
    and basicle anything thats worth knowing not the real basic things tho more like cool tactics etc

thanks in advance

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Default Re: Help needed about combat... a lot of it!

First of all welcome to the forum. I'd suggest having a read of the posts in the 'gameplay and strategy' part of the forum: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1448

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

My standard is 1 general, 4 light cav, 5 heavy art, 10 line inf.

But my new concept is 1 general, 2 light cav, 4 elite heavy cav, 4 elite line inf, and 9 (!) heavy art... 12-pounders. And it's awesome. Finally artillery is useful!

In ETW I didn't build a single artillery unit, ever.

CerealGuy's Avatar Centenarius

it all depends my army that i always win with is 1 general 4 unicorns (or howitzers) 4 calv 7 line inf and 4 elites
    CerealGuy/Friday before

what do tigers dream of?

Shabby_Ronin's Avatar Primicerius

Is this for SP or MP?

Most of the time you're just fighting with whatever you can throw together. Those shiny, perfect 1 stack armies you carefully cultivate with the purpose of taking over the world usually don't last that long.

Don't overextend your units to where they cannot be supported, don't get into protracted melee with your cav, keep your art and general safe. Other than that it's all just about what's going on at the moment.
    "...I'll look for something else. We're surrounded by water. Why are we eating knob?"

CerealGuy's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Shabby_Ronin View Post
    Is this for SP or MP?

Most of the time you're just fighting with whatever you can throw together. Those shiny, perfect 1 stack armies you carefully cultivate with the purpose of taking over the world usually don't last that long
    they do last long but except my calv which i do death charges against the ai's unprotected general and against the bothersome artillery
    CerealGuy/Friday before

what do tigers dream of?