Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good Reason Why NTW GC Map Should Be The Same As ETW

Default Re: Good Reason Why NTW GC Map Should Be The Same As ETW

I witnessed a battle in the English Channel where there was land on every side - I think some gimmicks have been added to make Empire's ridiculous campaign to battlemap affinity less glaring, but I don't believe for a second that the link is more than an "If x, throw in some y at random" addition to the dodgy Empire system.

At first I was worried that the smaller scope of the map would be bad for me, in that I like to play as Britain, but don't like to conquer the Major players too early in my campaigns (usualy I'd go the long way around, like capture little Islands, or go through Africa, America, India etc) but I'm actualy finding that with the new map I've switched more towards naval domination and small "proxy" land armies, such as sending afew units of KGL to the German states to support their war effort, which is also what I'd imagine Britain being more likely to do - as opposed to fielding my own massive D-Day style cross channel invasion.

I do wish that the Iberian Peninsula had more regions in it, however, so it was harder push through in the Peninsular War style.

I agree North Africa should be included as in all the other European games. And not all of Europe is represented, ever looked at Scandinavia? Only 1/3 of Scandinavia is there. Malta for sake is not even in there! Napoleon conquered it on his way to Egypt. And it stayed a nice naval base until the British Navy took it and held it for another century.

hitokiri2486's Avatar Centenarius

A more detailed map that covered the same amount of territory as ETW's Europe map would have been a grand adventure indeed.

I really hope someone figures out how to crack open the map for modding....
    Let me persuade you with my powerful logic skills.

In light of the Total War series, a quote from the theologian whom I respect the most:

The Heavenly City outshines Rome, beyond comparison. There, instead of victory, is truth; instead of high rank, holiness.
    St. Augustine, Bishop of Hippo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12