Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rise of Persia - Alex port

Default Rise of Persia - Alex port

Well, I ported it for myself to Alexander and want to share it with you.
    Edit (8. July 2011): I uploaded new files now the bugs (missing campaign descriptions and ctd on first turn as persia are fixed).
    A readme file with install instructions is in the archive.
    Last edited by TW-fanboy; July 08, 2011 at 08:05 AM.

Default Re: Rise of Persia on Alex - Download now

I successfully converted ROP to Alex.EXE (I didn't encounter any problems playing Macedon, Kemet and Persia in Campaign mode and several battles (even night battles).

On the topic of RTW-Alexander (sorry for disrupting ur post :p), do any of u know a mod where u can play as macedon against persia, like the alexander mod but for RTW or BI? I do not have alexander, I bought the RTW Gold Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Béset View Post
    On the topic of RTW-Alexander (sorry for disrupting ur post :p), do any of u know a mod where u can play as macedon against persia, like the alexander mod but for RTW or BI? I do not have alexander, I bought the RTW Gold Edition
    There is only Rise of Persia. However there is a mod featuring the Greek fight against Persia (300 Warlors of Sparta). My advice to you is to buy it (from Amazon or wherever you want). It runs smoother, has a better AI, and the phalanx is finally fixed in it.

Fair enough, I'll take a look into that, have to buy Medieval anyway, am trying to go through all the major empires one by one using all the mods and different versions of RTW :-) Almost got my Persian empire together ^^

No comments? I wish there would be at least one or two telling me wheter it works or they have problems, but no response at all makes me sad.

*hug*

Oh yeah, great! Sarcasm.....

Sarcasm? Where? Need me to call the Sarcasm Police? :o

But no, I was serious don't be sad

It only makes me sad because it seemsthere is little interest in this mod ...

Think this forum isn't as active as it used to be. Hey anyway, can u tell me bout the fall of rome mod? is it much like barbarian invasion?

Well, it is something between Vanilla BI and Invasio Barbarorum, which is heavily scripted and has an extended gameplay. Fall of Rome is BI with correct units, new skins and a great foederati system.
    Long speech, short message: Fall of Rome is Vanilla Bi how it should be, and Invasio Barborum really feels much more different. Both mods are great. It depends on whether you like a vanilla like gameplay (like ROP) or a new experience (like in Europa Barbarorum, the greatest mod ever about the post Alexandrian Antique).

IB it is then ^^

Quote Originally Posted by TW-fanboy View Post
    No comments? I wish there would be at least one or two telling me wheter it works or they have problems, but no response at all makes me sad.
    Well the problem is I have no Alex addon.

And there is additonal not much action on this forum. I hope when they release version 3.0 it will become better. ROP is a nice and small (vanilla-style) mod but with great and interesting factions, unique units and timeframe. It deserves more interest as it gets actually.

hello is this ROP 2.2 for alex?

Anakarsis's Avatar Biarchus

I installed the mod, and the ALX version, and i have a little problem: campaign descriptions does not appear. in their place simple appears the "NO DESCRIPTION" statement. I did not changed any file. What´s happening? No further problem in game, just campaign descriptions.

Anoqther question:

Quote:
    "there is only Rise of Persia. However there is a mod featuring the Greek fight against Persia (300 Warlors of Sparta). My advice to you is to buy it (from Amazon or wherever you want). It runs smoother, has a better AI, and the phalanx is finally fixed in it."

Here you are advicing to buy ALX.? How is fixed the phalanx on it??

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Anakarsis View Post
    I installed the mod, and the ALX version, and i have a little problem: campaign descriptions does not appear. in their place simple appears the "NO DESCRIPTION" statement. I did not changed any file. What´s happening? No further problem in game, just campaign descriptions.

Anoqther question:

Quote:
    "there is only Rise of Persia. However there is a mod featuring the Greek fight against Persia (300 Warlors of Sparta). My advice to you is to buy it (from Amazon or wherever you want). It runs smoother, has a better AI, and the phalanx is finally fixed in it."

Here you are advicing to buy ALX.? How is fixed the phalanx on it??

I have the same descriptions probelm, but anyway really good work

Quote Originally Posted by TW-fanboy View Post
    Well, it is something between Vanilla BI and Invasio Barbarorum, which is heavily scripted and has an extended gameplay. Fall of Rome is BI with correct units, new skins and a great foederati system.
    Long speech, short message: Fall of Rome is Vanilla Bi how it should be, and Invasio Barborum really feels much more different. Both mods are great. It depends on whether you like a vanilla like gameplay (like ROP) or a new experience (like in Europa Barbarorum, the greatest mod ever about the post Alexandrian Antique).
    I definetly prefer fall of rome to invasio barbarorum. In the post roman era mod is my favourite one, and since i've installed it months and months ago i've never uninstalled it.

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

lol, I just noticed this topic I'll try it immidiatly
    +rep

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

I keep getting an errorles CTD with persia when I end turn

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

do I just download and extract to Rome folder ? what about desktop icon ?

Signature made by Joar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast