Thread: A few questions about mods and multiplayer compability

Default A few questions about mods and multiplayer compability

Hi,

I am unaware if certain mods are compatible with multiplayer or not. I myself know very little of modding, and even less about how it would effect multiplayer, so perhaps more experienced posters can help out.

Anyway, from how I understand it, if you "install" a mod, it might conflict with online play, unless the other player have the same mods, is this true?

If I installed a mod intended to be used only when playing for myself, would it be possible to "uninstall" it by replacing the new/modified files with the original ones, and thus enabling me to switch back and forth between being able to play "vanilla multiplayer", and my own modded single player campaign?

Does certain mods such as retextures of units conflict with multiplayer? I figure they wont, seeing how they dont effect gameplay, and only changes the visual look of the units for myself?

P.S. I was uncertain about where I should post this. If someone feels it would be better placed in a different sub-forum, please contact a moderator.
    Suum cuique

♔KillZoneGB♔'s Avatar Ducenarius

Icon14 Re: A few questions about mods and multiplayer compability

Hi ♔Von Fleischer♔,

if packs are set to Movie, then you should be able to join Online Games.

if you have to activate the mod then other users must have the same mod.

Anyhoo that's my 2 cents (ETW)

NTW could be the same, depending on how good Cheat Prevention routines are coded.

Anyhoo

Don't take my word, its only speculation @ the moment in regards to NTW.

Kind Regards

Charlie Simpson
    System
    Processor: i7 4820K Ivy E @ 4.4Ghz (Mild OC), MB Sabertooth X79
    Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Red 16GB DDR3-1600 Dual Kit (TBA to 64GB Quad 8X8GB)
    GPU: NVIDIA GTX 670 Phantom (TBA SLI Nvida xxx)
    Water Cooled