View Poll Results: Have you gotten drop-in battles to work properly?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah!

13 44.83%
  • No!

16 55.17%

Thread: Have you gotten drop-in battles to work properly?

Default Have you gotten drop-in battles to work properly?

I haven't! Whenever possible I click the buttom which is supposed to give me a "real" opponent in my campaign. But then nothing happens, and I've waited for like 10 minutes before giving up. So have you gotten it to work properly, and whats the key? What am I missing?

Default Re: Have you gotten drop-in battles to work properly?

I have gotten it to work, didn't have to wait too long either most of the time...
    today was the first time I ran out of patience when waiting for an opponent (didn't wait nearly 10 minutes, more like 1).
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

I didn't get one working on my side so I went to multiplayer and click drop-in battles. fought a few of those but did't seem to be drop-in "campaign" battles. the last one I fought, Russians fought me at Lodi and the opponent sait he is playing a British campaign.
    Men are nothing, One Man is everything.
    - Napoleon Bonaparte

its a yes/no situation... while playing single player campaign, i can easily get one, but when i do the drop in feature on multiplayer; i usually get "quick match" - this i dont mind cuz it is a quick and fair fight!

the only feature that has not worked properly is the "friends only" function... this has yet to work for me and i have pm'd jack/ca but have yet to have a response if it is bugged or simply isnt working.

Indefinitely Banned

No! Because I don't play online!

Quote Originally Posted by Sultan Mustafa I View Post
    No! Because I don't play online!
    I don't think "I haven't even tried" was intended to be counted as "no, they don't work"...
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Valbruch's Avatar Ordinarius

From what I've read in other threads there seem to be problems with region settings in Steam - the game only shows campaign games (and drop-ins are tied to camapign games) that are being hosted in your Steam download region.

We tried it with my friend few days ago. With our default region (Central Europe) there were exactly zero hosted campaign games to pick from. But when we changed the region to UK the screen was full of them.

So I guess that problem with drop-ins is the same. Steam only lets you play them with people within the same download region.
    We are the Brunnen-G,
    we're waiting to die.
    We celebrate the death
    that will fall from the sky.

How do we select our download region in Steam? I'm in a heavy populated portion of the world but have had no luck getting games drop in games.

Valbruch's Avatar Ordinarius

I don't have access to Steam ATM but as far as I can recall it it somewhere in the Download section in Steam settings. It's quite easy to find it. If it asks you to restart Steam after the change, you made it right
    We are the Brunnen-G,
    we're waiting to die.
    We celebrate the death
    that will fall from the sky.

Graphic's Avatar Vicarius

Yes. You just have to be patient and wait a while. Sometimes even over 2 minutes. It's worth it though. It also helps to have lots of people on your friends list who play NTW. I don't know how the region-locking works with drop-ins, but I played someone from London who was on my friends list.

Primicerius

Yes, I have gotten it to work quite a few times.

Patience is the key. I suspect, the opponent's graphics settings are factored in when looking for a candidate. If, for example, you play on ultra unit size, but there is nobody out at the moment able to handle that size: you get no-one...

Graphic's Avatar Vicarius

^^ I switched to large for that reason (and so naval battles wouldn't be a cluster)