Thread: Looking for a serious partner for MP campaign

Sir Nicholas Altman's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Looking for a serious partner for MP campaign

I am looking for a serious partner for MP campaign in Italy.

Rules:
    Italy
    3 minutes turn
    Default Fight
    Play as AI
    Don't follow AI move
    Difficulty Very Hard/Very Hard

Egypt
    Rules:
    5 minutes turn
    Default Fight
    Play as AI
    Don't follow AI move
    Difficulty Very Hard/Very Hard

I want to play till the end. We can save and play for days. No problem there. I am in Europe CET. I don't want to play with someone who is not serious and quits on first sign of defeat or trouble.

We can play boh sides in Italy and Egypt. Total winner is the better on both sides or who wins first (earlier turn).

Be warned. I finished all French campaigns on VH/VH. I am a though opponent and do not loose easily. A TW veteran since Shogun.

Please contact me if you are interested.

My Steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007602685
    Last edited by Sir Nicholas Altman; March 07, 2010 at 02:51 AM. Reason: rules

Default Re: Looking for a serious partner for MP campaign

Found one. Me and JoCool are having a serious business in Italy.

Yes, the campaign is very thrilling so far. We have experienced moves that were unseen before on the campaign map and the battlefield.

Napoléon was busy fighting about Turin when the Austrian army sneaked past his army torwards the south.. he quickly followed them with a distance of one week, catching up slowly. Being at war with Piemont-Sardinia, he needed to secure his northern possessions. So he gave away a city for an alliance with Piemont, get them to break theirs with Austria and buy military access. His supporting city Nice was then attacked, its militias shot and the city looted and burned to the ground, but a week later Napoléon reached the scene and defeated the Austrians in a pitched battle.

Half the Austrian army would be able to buy free passage through Genoa and in a brilliant escape made it safe to Milan, while Napoléon took back Nice and got military access from his neighbours himself. Now, 4 weeks later, he is standing before Milan in a standoff with the new Austrian army. Trained and equiped better, the Austrian troops have some nasty suprises ready for him..

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

Don't forget to tell us how your mp campaign goes, I like reading such reports, as I'm sure others do.

We decided to play Europe. I as Austria he as France:

Settings:

Europe
    5 minutes turn
    Default Fight
    Play as AI
    Don't follow AI move
    Difficulty Very Hard/Normal

And in the last second of my battle with Baden Wuttenberg steam crashed for maitinace. Bloody Steam.

Yes, now we'll have to load from the end of my turn before.

With these things happening, you gotta play with house rules, like now I shall not put my army next to Wurttemberg because I would not know he attacked it.

In the European campaign, Altman (this time he is Austria) rushed his army into Bavaria, then took and liberated Munich. He went on and attacked Wurttemberg to also get them as a protectorate. The Grande Armee in Elsass-Lothringen will be forced to respond soon if it intends to keep its borders save from the Austrian Emperor..
    Last edited by Ritterlichvon86; March 10, 2010 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ritterlichvon86 View Post
    Yes, now we'll have to load from the end of my turn before.

With these things happening, you gotta play with house rules, like now I shall not put my army next to Wurttemberg because I would not know he attacked it.

In the European campaign, Altman (this time he is Austria) rushed his army into Bavaria, then took and liberated Munich. He went on and attacked Wurttemberg to also get them as a protectorate. The Grande Armee in Elsass-Lothringen will be forced to respond soon if it intends to keep its borders save from the Austrian Emperor..
    War is turning into hell. I took Elsass-Lothringen after a bloody battle and had to sign peace after I lost lot of my army and French blocked my Adriatic ports. I gave Elsass-Lothringen and Baden to France.

Later France invaded Naples and fought a bloody battle where they lost both of their generals and Marchal Ney died in an ambush by Italian Hussars. But Naples is now sieged by a crippled French army.

Peace didn't last long cause a month later France declared war again on Austria without provocation. We will see what now. Napoleon is an revolutionary upstart that messes with the old European order.

We need to play less cause now I am so sleepy at work. But the game is awesome.
    Last edited by Sir Nicholas Altman; March 11, 2010 at 02:14 AM.

Meanwhile the Italian Kingdom looted Tirol and left it empty to be counter-invaded by the Austrians. 2 weeks later, the Ottoman Empire declared war on Austria, which led to it wanting peace with Napoléon.

Napoléons plan for Ney was to take Naples, but both Ney and his high ranking supporting officer perished. One was hit through a stray bullet and the other one slain by a Hussard's sharp sabre in ambush.

The French division still has enough men to keep Naples under siege and defend against sallies. The only way for it to regain strength and reinforcements is by conquering Naples, but this may take a month or two.

Meanwhile, Napoléon amassed two divisions further north to keep the german armies in check and re-declared war on Austria as the Spanish had demanded it the second time and offered some good incentives (in form of 2 new technologies) to his people.. what good Emp.. *cough* Consul could deny such a beautiful deal!

Sounds like a really interesting campaign. Keep it coming! Some screenshots would be good too.

The Neapolitans sallied forth. Both armies positioned offensively and marched onwards, but the very first italian cannonball hit the french's General's head. There went the replacement for Ney... This battle would begin with bad luck and soon become worse, as the italian troops were more numerous, experienced and had cavalry squadrons to crush brilliantly into the flanks of their opposing forces. No Frenchmen from this expidition made it out alive.

After the declaration of war against Austria Villeneuve's fleet spearheaded into the Adria, taking control of all austrian ports once again. Cut off from all sea trade, the Austrian Empire's economy stagnated quickly. The Italian Kingdom saw its chance and attacked Innsbruck with almost a full division, but was routed by the brave austrian defenders, who took position up on a hill with infantry and cannons. However, for these austrians the battle was a pyrrhic victory.
    Napoléon heard of the slaughter by his messengers and used the opportunity to strike, loot and burn Prague. Within the same week he pulled back his division, marching into safe Bavarian lands. Prague's garrison then surrendered to the austrian reinforcements. Austria, now at war in the south and in the west, still is economically at its knees and struggles to hold its own against the hostile formations surrounding and raiding its provinces.

Meanwhile, a message from the north: The treacherous British, together with the Prussians, have declared war once again and started to raid french lands in la Belgique. The response coming from Paris was quick and swift with a full division that marched torwards Clèves to occupy it peacefully. Spain also did its duty and took Gibraltar. Driven from the continent, the British still reign over the channel as well as the atlantic sea. Consequently, french trade routes have been attacked and raided by Horatio Nelson himself who is fielding a full fleet of 14 ships. The french fleet of Villeneuve only consists of 3 SOLs and 2 lightly armed frigates, all in the mediterranean. France's dockyards are slow to build frigates, so it will be a long time before British dominion can be challenged.

Now Great France's land armies have set their eyes upon the east... L'Empereur has to make a wise descision.. strike at Vienna's lands and free its oppressed people or turn north, to march the stony road towards the heart of Prussia, humble Berlin and enforce peace in the german countries.

What would you do?
    Last edited by Ritterlichvon86; March 11, 2010 at 06:36 PM.

Austria is on its knees. Its invasion of Belgrade failed and the army was totally destroyed in a narowest battle. So Turkey is still at war with Austria. On the west Italy is running wild and only God saved Tyrol from occupation. Now the Swiss are lurking.

Peace was no option for France: They want the new ideas to spread. Old order has to remain. This liberal ideas must die its roots.

Napoleon with free hands runs wild. Prague is looted but swiftly retaken. Austria waits. Will he strike? Will Prussians help? Will England help? And what about the Russians?

Now is the time for glory! Death awaits my comrades in arms.

"...the very first italian cannonball hit the french's General's head."

Has anyone else here notice that, in the MP campaign at least, not only do generals become casualties quite a bit, but often -- per the above -- the first shot from a battery will target, and kill, the opposing general. This is one reason my opponent and myself have instituted a house rule that artillery must be taken off Fire at Will before a battle begins, and can only target opposing generals if the latter come within canister range.

Having said that, we are really enjoying our own campaign. Some people have complained about AI fleets, but the Spanish and Batavian navies are driving me (Great Britain) batty, with their raids against my merchant ships, and in fact are giving me a lot more trouble than my human French opponent, who is mostly neglecting his fleet (and hopefully not reading this thread!). At least from the perspective of being able to fight this sort of campaign, this is the most enjoyable TW game yet, to me.

B.C. Milligan

Just a note. Me and Ritter have both the Iperial version with 15 extra units but we can't use them in MPC. A shame really.

The evil Prussians began invading northern France with 2 armies. Great Britain is raiding french trade routes and invaded Brittany with an excellent and terrifying army consisting of Line of Foot, long range artillery and good quality cavalry. They defeated a whole french stack in the bloodiest battle french land has seen yet. A second french division on its way, the British will be driven into the coast soon.

Napoléon conquered Naples almost without a fight. The sicilian fleet freed itself and attacked french traderoutes, so Napoléon had to hurry to get to Sicilia. Now, standing before the city, he needs to think out the perfect plan to storm it quickly. In his dreams he lost most of his cannons, the horses and his own life,.. woken up however, he has shrugged these dreams off quickly. Waiting is no option..

Meanwhile the Swiss invaded Innsbruck and the Italian Kingdom conquered Venice. However, Austria gathered its strength and took back Venice a few weeks later. They also attacked and liberated Bavaria from french influence, now looking towards Tirol and Baden-Württemberg.. where will they go? France is distracted with the Prussians, but do they really lack the manpower to fight off this lone but victorious austrian division?
    Last edited by Ritterlichvon86; March 12, 2010 at 07:25 PM.

Austria Lost Tyrol to a superior Swiss. Austria left venice cause its army was thretand with destruction. Italy took it. But soon. Austria rose up. Retook Venice and destryed the marauding Italian armies. In the north fought s series of battles with Bavaria that ivaded Bohemia and then undeteced and unchecked sieged emty Vienna. But Austria took a gamble and sieged Bavaria and in huge battle took liberated Bavaria and installed a new regime.

Prussians finally came to help. Saxony is Destoyed and Prussia is moving to the west. Austir aneed shelp. But Russians are just waiting and building up. Until when?

Our settings

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Swiss taking Tirol

Victorius Wellingtons army in France

Bavarian wars

War rages on. Austria liberated Baden but soon it was in war with it again. Then Austria looted it and left to the Swiss to take it. Meanwhile France managed to take Naples but in central Europe is halted. In a series of Battles with Prussia France is loosing ground. Prussia marches west and in a ambush it massacared a French column. Alssase is bearlly holding and its under siege again. English keep on landing and keep pressure from the west. Prussia is moving east too. Russia is depleting under the Prussian strike. It seems soon that the only power will be Prussia.

Also Turkey has awoken. It took Transylvania from Austria. Napoleon landed from Italy and burned Croatia. Austria is on the counter offensive. Croatia is liberated and Napoleon fled towards Belgrade. Austria seeks and engagement.

Napoleon in Croatia

French beeing ambushed

English invading France

Prussia invading France

Turkey taking Transylvania

Last edited by Sir Nicholas Altman; March 15, 2010 at 10:58 AM.

Well it finished. In April 1087 (turn 55) a rebelion in Austira started. A huge army swiftly attacked the capital and Austria was defeated. So I was defeated but the French opponent didnt win cause he did not meet the victory conditions.

I must say I was struguling. Had 3 stacks of army but economy was a mess. Turks invading. Italians and the Swiss horasing and the trecerous French looting.

Napoleon landed in Croatia and went all the way aroung to take Galicia, poland and West prussia. he looted everything and gave it away. So Russia took former Austrias Galicia. Only success that Austria had was taking of Poland from Batavian republic. (France gave it to them) and looting Belgrade and Moldova. Thats how I had some money to survive. But last 3 months I was bankrupt. A revolution started and I was sided with the monarchy and I lost.

French player could not continue cause I left the game (automatcaly).

Game over. No winners, only 1 losser.

Interesting.

Any, like, obvious reason why you couldn't use DLC special units in MPC?

Stildawn's Avatar The Legislator of 'Lol'

Man reading that just makes me want to play my own MP Campaign even more lol sucks being in NZ lol.

Can you have more than 2 players?

Quote Originally Posted by Stildawn View Post
    Man reading that just makes me want to play my own MP Campaign even more lol sucks being in NZ lol.

Can you have more than 2 players?
    No. 2 players is the system.

And why not DLC, I don't know. Probably the game would have problems if I had elites and other player heroes so maybe its disabled just in case. It was the same in ETW.