Thread: France: possible to change government form? and what happen if napoleon dies?

Indefinitely Banned

Default France: possible to change government form? and what happen if napoleon dies?

I bought napoleon i really enjoy it.

Just for curiosity :
    1- i read somwhere that its impossible to change france's government form ( meaning that france regime will be always empire besides revolution): is it true?

2- what happen if napoleon dies by illness? another general take power?

thanks

Default Re: France: possible to change government form? and what happen if napoleon dies?

I didn't think Napoleon or any of the big four generals could die because it was scripted to they couldn't?

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: France: possible to change government form? and what happen if napoleon dies?

ah OK its scripted. i didnt knew that. thanks for the info

From what I've read on the forums, Napoleon just keeps comming back. Then again, I want to remember that I've read somewhere that someone actually succeeded in killing him off permanently.
    Suum cuique

Aeneas Veneratio's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Seleukosnikator View Post
    From what I've read on the forums, Napoleon just keeps comming back. Then again, I want to remember that I've read somewhere that someone actually succeeded in killing him off permanently.
    Only way to "kill" him is to capture Paris and then kill him on the field of battle, if Paris is under another power's control he can't come back.
    Would probably work for all of the great generals.
    R2TW stance: Ceterum autem censeo res publica delendam esse

All the major nations have one general that cannot die. If he "dies" in battle you get a message saying that he's wounded and he shows up a few turns later at his faction's capital. For France it's Napoleon, for Prussia it's von Blücher, for Great Britain it's Wellesley and for Russia it's Kutuzov. I'm sorry to say that I don't remember the name of the Austrian general that cannot not die.

Maybe the arciduke Karl?

nosey aka lord welington's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by King Pietro View Post
    Maybe the arciduke Karl?
    yep its him.
    proud to be dutch

I've captured Paris and "killed" nappi before, but he came back in another French province so I don't think he can be completely removed unless you destroy the entire faction.
    V
    General Valantine of Bossumton
    Lord Lieutenant of the Cinque Ports
    Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

Quote Originally Posted by Valantine View Post
    I've captured Paris and "killed" nappi before, but he came back in another French province so I don't think he can be completely removed unless you destroy the entire faction.
    V
    Yup, can confimg, on my very first Campaing I stormed Paris, looted, killed Napy with the first Artillery salvo (6x6lb and 3x9lb --> one salvo shredded the 18 unit Napy horse brigade into a lonely runner) but a few turns later he showed up at my doorstep with a half stack army for a new whoping he is like a cockroach....you squash him, but he seems to come back from the death all the time,

damn it..where did I put the wooden stake