• chasseur

40 59.70%
  • voltiguer

27 40.30%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: chaseurs vs voltiguers

nosey aka lord welington's Avatar Tiro

Default chaseurs vs voltiguers

Witch one do you guys prefer as French light inf.
    proud to be dutch

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Default Re: chaseurs vs voltiguers

chasseurs, they can be used as line or skirmishers. Plus voltiguers don't have better range like other factions.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesīr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

chasseurs

neither....i hate light infantry as France

Mueller's Avatar Foederatus

Chaussers because I like having more soldiers!

Grouchio's Avatar Vicarius

Broke the tie!

voltiguers because of the Sharpe's Series lmao

kommandant's Avatar Civis

chaseurs, they are much more flexible and still extremely accurate

I like'em both equally voltiguers work well on the flanks, deploying spikes to slow down any enemy cavalry trying to flank me and surprises enemy infantry, too. chaseurs work well flanking my artillery as a protection. Couple of times it didn't work so well by generally, on H, chaseurs provide excellent buffer between a couple arties, engaging and distracting the enemy who tries to charge my arties: long range of chaseurs + canister shot = win!

I went through whole European campaign on H/H with 1 chaseur and 2 voltiguers in my main army headed by Napoleon

TheAussieDigger's Avatar Ducenarius

well its numbers vs accuracy

but i think the overwhelming numbers of chasseurs win the day

skimyy's Avatar Civis

If i remember correctly, one of these units can't lay down stakes.... am i wrong??

Both of them are good. But I prefer quality over quantity...so I vote for voltiguers
    "When your opponent fears you, then's the moment when you give the fear its own rein, give it the time to work on him. Let it become terror. The terrified man fights himself. Eventually, he attacks in desperation. That is the most dangerous moment, but the terrified man can be trusted usually to make a fatal mistake."

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Chaseurs. Seeing how they have twice as many men as Voltiguers have, you will land more hits even with their worse accuracy. The only disadvantage is that Chasseurs can't lay stakes.

And for Prussia, how about Prussian Fusiliers VS Jagers? Who wins there? Will go do some experimenting in custom battle, will report back.

Sorry for double post, but the Chasseurs got RAPED. Even though they got the first shot... Voltiguers are so much better, cheaper and can deply stakes, and also have a cool uniform. Chasseurs are only slightly better in a melee, but you don't get skirmishers in melee, so basically, Chasseurs are crap, and Voltiguers are amazing.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Quentillius View Post
    Sorry for double post, but the Chasseurs got RAPED. Even though they got the first shot... Voltiguers are so much better, cheaper and can deply stakes, and also have a cool uniform. Chasseurs are only slightly better in a melee, but you don't get skirmishers in melee, so basically, Chasseurs are crap, and Voltiguers are amazing.
    Facing units against each other is a terrible way to determine which is the better unit. Even so, It's much closer than you make it out to be, I ran a few tests and as Voltiguers I usually lost about 1/3 of my units before the enemy routs, and in both tests as the Chasseurs both sides lost about 1/2 and which one breaks first is basically a toss up.

Chasseurs are more versitile and can be used for more roles in an army. They are actually much better in melee, and won't disolve instantly under a line infantry charge.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesīr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

klesh's Avatar Senator

I have been solely Chaussers, but I'll have a look at the Volts now and report back with what I think.
    Still playing Napoleon:TW

And for Prussia, how about Prussian Fusiliers VS Jagers? Who wins there? Will go do some experimenting in custom battle, will report back.
    You don't need to have the two fight each other to know this one...You're debating skirmisher vs. light inf...They play similar roles but, both are useful in their own way. In my Prussia campaign, I always bring enough light infantry. I usually bring 1 light inf for every 2 line inf. Skirmishers like jagers always fill out my armies. Only 1 or 2 units of them. Prussian Fusiliers are simply more accurate shooters than Prussian Line. They are like the Frei-Corps in ETW...In a firefight tho, I'd have to say Fusiliers...They can bring fire from a Line formation or go into skirmisher mode. They're probably my favorite units in the game so far.
    “You rogues, do you want to live for ever?” - Frederick The Great

"Courage, above all things, is the first quality of a warrior." - Karl von Clausewitz

"The conqueror is always a lover of peace; he would prefer to take over our country unopposed." - Karl von Clausewitz

Prussian Might!
    Rizz39 on Steam, Add me and ask to play some MP!

MortenJessen's Avatar Campidoctor

Hi there.
    Chasseur's of course. I always take the best units stat-wise.
    Y.S.
    M. Jessen

heh, thats my vote: Jagers!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast