Thread: Changing Victory Condition Date

Icon4 Changing Victory Condition Date

http://www.mediafire.com/?jdlku15kt5m

Download this, it's the ESF editor from ETW, but the part we are using it for works in NTW.

1) After installed open.
    2) Navigate to Napoleon folder, Ex: C:/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common/Napoleon Total War/date/campaigns/mp_eur_campaign
    3) Now open the startpos.esf
    4) Open the mp_eur_napoleon\startpos.esf (Hitting + button)
    5) + the CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS
    6) + CAMPAIGN_PREOPEN_MAP_INFO
    7) + VICTORY_CONDITION_OPTIONS
    8) Now the 5 VICTORY_CONDITION_OPTIONS that come up are for the 5 different factions (In order: Austria, Britain, Russia, Prussia, France)
    9) Open you're faction of choice that you want to change. (by hitting the + next to that VICTORY_CONDITION_OPTIONS)
    10) + ALL 3 VICTORY_CONDITIONS_BLOCK
    11) Open ALL 3 CAMPAIGN_VICTORY_CONDITIONS
    12) Check everyone that says "Date" and change the first entry (which will already say 1812 or 1813 for Prussia) to whichever value you like!
    MAKE SURE TO CHECK EVERY DATE ENTRY FOR THAT FACTION, THERE SHOULD BE 2 YOU CHANGE!

Hope this made sense and helps guys.

*I posted this in a thread somewhere but thought I would make a thread for it so you guys can change the date to whatever you want. Let me know if you need any clarification and let me know how it works for you guys! Good luck!

Also, until we figure out a way to edit turns, this is the best way to increase the number of turns in you're campaign before you have to get the victory conditions.

Credits for the ESF Editor belong to Just, Koras21, alpaca, and erasmus777. Thanks guys!

Also when editing a NTW save file follow what husserlTW said
    Save files in Napoleon are named xxxx.save but editor by default opens xxxx.empire_save. Just click on the box in the down right where it says ETW save games and choose all files. A tip to go fast in Napoleon save directory is to put a shortcut of it inside Empire save game folder.
    Thanks again husserlTW and anyone else that contributed to the tools mentioned in this thread. Sorry for not having a proper credits up sooner.
    Last edited by zorphon; March 10, 2010 at 06:34 PM.

raistlinmajere8's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Changing Victory Condition Date

So.... say changing the VC date to 1818 wont' screw things up? I just wanna be able to play the game longer than 178 turns or whatever it is. Wayyyyyy too short for me.

And where do I install the Esfeditor too? My NTW data folder? It doesn't really say....

Alrighty I got it figured out I think.... I changed my victory conditions to 1818 for the British campaign. It shows up when choosing the Brits that my VC date is 1818.... so i'm assuming all went well? I'm starting the campaign after this class I got here in a bit so we'll see what happens then. I hope this is all I need to do to be able to play longer.... That would complete NTW for me.
    Last edited by raistlinmajere8; March 09, 2010 at 05:54 PM.

There are at least two more places that Date of VC is appeared for every faction: [...]faction\campaign_player_setup and faction\campaign_victory_conditions.

Also you should give credits to the guys that developed EsfEditor: Just, Koras21, alpaca, erasmus777.
    Last edited by husserlTW; March 09, 2010 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    There are at least two more places that Date of VC is appeared for every faction: [...]faction\campaign_player_setup and faction\campaign_victory_conditions.

Also you should give credits to the guys that developed EsfEditor: Just, Koras21, alpaca, erasmus777.
    So what does this mean? I have no experience what so ever with this stuff. What exactly do I have to edit to just be able to play the game longer? I have to try and track down these two things you've mentioned here now?

*sighhhh*

I mean where do I even find these things you mention?

I guess I'll just have to live with a short ass campaign, I really don't have the time to become a modder just to be able to play this game for longer than 1812.

maxsim666's Avatar Miles

Hi husserlTW
    is it possible to change victory condition date in a saved game, if yes is it the same as for startposition or are there different items and entries to be edited?
    thanks for your great and useful work!
    "In hostem celerrime volant"

- Voloire -

Quote Originally Posted by raistlinmajere8 View Post
    So what does this mean? I have no experience what so ever with this stuff. What exactly do I have to edit to just be able to play the game longer? I have to try and track down these two things you've mentioned here now?

*sighhhh*

I mean where do I even find these things you mention?

I guess I'll just have to live with a short ass campaign, I really don't have the time to become a modder just to be able to play this game for longer than 1812.
    Maybe it is enough what in the first post is mentioned. I've just said that there other places where it might need the VC date to be changed. To be sure make this try: Follow zorphon's tweak and start a new game. Play a turn and save. Exit, open save game and go in [...]CAMPAIGN_ENV\CAMPAIGN_MODEL\FACTION_ARRAY\ and open some FACTIONs. Check there if in FACTION\CAMPAIGN_PLAYER_SETUP\CAMPAIGN_VICTORY_CONDITIONS and in FACTION\CAMPAIGN_VICTORY_CONDITIONS there is the new date and you should know.

Quote Originally Posted by maxsim666 View Post
    Hi husserlTW
    is it possible to change victory condition date in a saved game, if yes is it the same as for startposition or are there different items and entries to be edited?
    thanks for your great and useful work!
    In a saved game it is supposed that already have chosen VC so there is not the same section as in startpos. The only way you might change that is by changing the VC date in the places of FACTION I've mentioned above but you have to do it for all factions.

Maybe it is enough what in the first post is mentioned. I've just said that there other places where it might need the VC date to be changed. To be sure make this try: Follow zorphon's tweak and start a new game. Play a turn and save. Exit, open save game and go in [...]CAMPAIGN_ENV\CAMPAIGN_MODEL\FACTION_ARRAY\ and open some FACTIONs. Check there if in FACTION\CAMPAIGN_PLAYER_SETUP\CAMPAIGN_VICTORY_CONDITIONS and in FACTION\CAMPAIGN_VICTORY_CONDITIONS there is the new date and you should know.

In a saved game it is supposed that already have chosen VC so there is not the same section as in startpos. The only way you might change that is by changing the VC date in the places of FACTION I've mentioned above but you have to do it for all factions.

Thanks Husser!!! You rule.

I'm gonna have to edit this post to say that using the esfeditor, it doesn't recognize my Napoleon SAVE files. They are definitely in the folder where they belong, but when I go to that folder using the editor, they are not there. I'm assuming this is because the ESFeditor doesn't recognize the NTW saves, right?
    Last edited by raistlinmajere8; March 10, 2010 at 01:24 PM.

maxsim666's Avatar Miles

Thanks husserlTW you are always plenty kind and useful, how could we do without you Erasmuss TheVicar and Swiss?
    "In hostem celerrime volant"

- Voloire -

Quote Originally Posted by raistlinmajere8 View Post
    Thanks Husser!!! You rule.

I'm gonna have to edit this post to say that using the esfeditor, it doesn't recognize my Napoleon SAVE files. They are definitely in the folder where they belong, but when I go to that folder using the editor, they are not there. I'm assuming this is because the ESFeditor doesn't recognize the NTW saves, right?
    Save files in Napoleon are named xxxx.save but editor by default opens xxxx.empire_save. Just click on the box in the down right where it says ETW save games and choose all files. A tip to go fast in Napoleon save directory is to put a shortcut of it inside Empire save game folder.

Thanks for helping him, and posting this helpful info!

I will add Just, Koras21, alpaca, erasmus777. to the credit immediately I haven't been on this thread for awhile and totally spaced adding a credits for the ESF editor ! Thanks a lot, and sorry for any disrespect I may have caused anyone without the proper credits.

Burebista's Avatar Electro Artifacts AP

Hi there,

Whew I can find the save files in NTW? Thanks. I wish to change VC
    Modding Arts Inc.

SS City Reinforcement Script - (*SS 6.2 any mod comptible)

Quote Originally Posted by Burebista View Post
    Hi there,

Whew I can find the save files in NTW? Thanks. I wish to change VC
    C:/Users/"name"/AppData/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/Napoleon/save_games (for vista)

Has anyone been able to change the number of regions needed in the historical campaign? I've changed most countries to needing 30 but it always still says 25 in game. It's seems the limit is 25 because I can change Britain from 20 to 25 but nothing more.
    Last edited by bodkin; April 17, 2010 at 11:56 PM.

Edit
    Last edited by elect; February 11, 2011 at 07:57 AM.

A very old thread but I'm really frustrated... Every time I change any value with ESF Editor, game crashes. I want to add more time to Napoleon's Italy Campaign by moving start date or end date, but my every effort is worthless. Savefile or Startpos file - no matter.

Can anyone help me by any mean? I cannot end my Italy Campaign (my third attempt - hundreds of hours lost, always backstabbed from Piedmont), and I'am absolutely furious.

I have the same problem. I change the date or anything else the game crashes.

Does it works for LME 4? Or the game crashes?