Thread: For those who want seige engines with fire!

Magefsx's Avatar Campidoctor

Default For those who want seige engines with fire!

This small scripting change will change all seige engines (except small bombards) to have fire/ cow carcasses again, but leaves archers as they were. All you have to do is replace descr_projectile with the one here (see bottom), and then edit descr_unit as shown:
    Scroll down to trebuchet and find this line: (this is to allow carcass shot)

stat_pri 6, 3, no, 0, 0, melee, artillery_mechanical, piercing, knife, 25, 1.8
    ;stat_pri_ex 0, 0, 0
    stat_pri_attr no
    stat_sec 55, 3, trebuchet, 285, 30, siege_missile, artillery_mechanical, blunt, none, 25, 1
    ;stat_sec_ex 0, 0, 0
    stat_sec_attr ap, bp, area, launching

Then add this underneath:
    stat_ter 12, 3, cow_carcass, 215, 3, siege_missile, artillery_mechanical, blunt, none, 25, 1
    ;stat_ter_ex 0, 0, 0
    stat_ter_attr ap, bp, launching,

so it looks like this:
    ;stat_pri_ex 0, 0, 0
    stat_pri_attr no
    stat_sec 55, 3, trebuchet, 285, 30, siege_missile, artillery_mechanical, blunt, none, 25, 1
    ;stat_sec_ex 0, 0, 0
    stat_ter 12, 3, cow_carcass, 215, 3, siege_missile, artillery_mechanical, blunt, none, 25, 1
    ;stat_ter_ex 0, 0, 0

Do this for all the trebuchet entries, so all "culture types" have the ability- ie NE_trebuchet, SE_trebuchet etc (or something like that)

Have fun setting them alight!- or being set alight
    Last edited by Magefsx; November 10, 2010 at 03:42 PM.

Default Re: For those who want seige engines with fire!

Ok easiest way i believe is you need to open the descr_projectiles in the data folder and find the projectile catapult you will find in KGCM version there is no fiery catapult so what you need to do is open the the same file from vanillia med2 and copy the entries from the fiery version into the KGCM version then they will again have fiery shots(will need to do for trebuchets etc also .

Hope you understood i have never been good at explaining things

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

ok. ill give it a go and get back to you as soon as as its getting a bit late for this kind of stuff in england. 11 is overdoing it

1st post updated

Thanks for this. It was weird not having dead cows to throw at the french and english

Does the AI take proper advantage of using the cow carcasses? If not, I'd like to be able to only add the fiery projectiles without the option for carcasses - is that possible? If so, how?

;stat_ter_ex 0, 0, 0

so it looks like this:
    ;stat_pri_ex 0, 0, 0
    stat_pri_attr no
    ;stat_sec_ex 0, 0, 0
    ;stat_ter_ex 0, 0, 0
    Just skip this bit for no flying cows

Thank you very much - I will go try it out, now

Quote Originally Posted by Magefsx View Post
    This small scripting change will change all seige engines (except small bombards) to have fire/ cow carcasses again, but leaves archers as they were. All you have to do is replace descr_projectile with the one here (see bottom), and then edit descr_unit as shown:
    Scroll down to trebuchet and find this line: (this is to allow carcass shot)

;stat_pri_ex 0, 0, 0
    stat_pri_attr no
    ;stat_sec_ex 0, 0, 0

;stat_ter_ex 0, 0, 0

so it looks like this:
    ;stat_pri_ex 0, 0, 0
    stat_pri_attr no
    ;stat_sec_ex 0, 0, 0
    ;stat_ter_ex 0, 0, 0

Have fun setting them alight!- or being set alight

I'm not finding any of that script in descr_projectile.txt in my version or the one that you attached to the post

Am I looking at the wrong file?

Yes, that parts in export descr unit

Thanks mate, got it. The script works great.

I noted that there were many many trebuchet entries, so I added the cow_carcass line to each one. Does that affect all factions or just the ones that I currenly play as?

There's a few trebuchet entries for different "cultures" if I remember correctly- what you did should update it for all factions, if you did the above on all of them- And I'll update my first post- didn't think of that!