Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Missing Units Mod (e.g. factions cannot recruit fleets)

Default Re: Missing Units Mod (e.g. factions cannot recruit fleets)

Hey husser, very handy work this is, but for some reason a link in the chain doesn't work. When I click ''Import tsv'' it flashes as if working on something , but nothing happens and the tsv is not imported. What could be the issue?

I'm already using Swiss's AUM+UPC mod. Does this mod give me anymore units etc or do they both do the same thing with regards to unlocking hidden vanilla units ?

Thanks

Hello and thank you for all your support and mods here! Ok, I have updated the files and I believe I'm just messing up on the script file. I already have a user script file for "NTF.CP", so I added another line and my script looks like this:

mod NTF_CP.pack;
    mod MissUnit_mod.pack;

Is this correct?

As I tried to add trade ships to the Ottomans, but it doesn't seem to be working. I'm playing multiplayer on a LAN and we both copied the same Missing Unit Mod pack and the same script.

Quote Originally Posted by Priscilla View Post
    Hey husser, very handy work this is, but for some reason a link in the chain doesn't work. When I click ''Import tsv'' it flashes as if working on something , but nothing happens and the tsv is not imported. What could be the issue?
    If your PFM is good, it means either you try to import a wrong tsv, or you have made a false change or you've left over an entry in the wrong place.

Quote Originally Posted by andypuk View Post
    I'm already using Swiss's AUM+UPC mod. Does this mod give me anymore units etc or do they both do the same thing with regards to unlocking hidden vanilla units ?

Thanks
    Sorry I am not familiar with AUM+UPC mod.

Quote Originally Posted by apparat View Post
    Hello and thank you for all your support and mods here! Ok, I have updated the files and I believe I'm just messing up on the script file. I already have a user script file for "NTF.CP", so I added another line and my script looks like this:

mod NTF_CP.pack;
    mod MissUnit_mod.pack;

Is this correct?

As I tried to add trade ships to the Ottomans, but it doesn't seem to be working. I'm playing multiplayer on a LAN and we both copied the same Missing Unit Mod pack and the same script.
    It seems correct but NTF_CP.pack is the older version of NTF.

Husserl, I tried giving Venice ships and some new land units, but while the trade ships work, the dockyard produces nothing. I can not train the new units I tried to introduce, either. I made the entries all the same, so do you know why some work but most don't?
    THE GOLDEN BULL -- completed Moldavian NTW AAR

This mod is mainly for naval units. Army units need some more tables to be changed, check the tutorials about it. About dockyard problem I cannot say. I should work because my mod does not contain building_units_allowed table and do not make any changes there. Do you have another mod installed with that table?

Yes, that was it. NOW was disallowing all but trade ships. Thanks, husserl.

I've attached mods with Venice and Papal States if anyone doesn't want to go through all this. One with ships up to 122 guns, the other with extra land units, as stock is very bland for minor nations - latter suffers from placeholder syndrome, though
    Last edited by Cellus...; May 02, 2010 at 10:33 PM.
    THE GOLDEN BULL -- completed Moldavian NTW AAR

Mendicant Bias's Avatar Libertus

Hi, long time reader of these forums, first time poster. I downloaded this mod in the hopes it would solve my problem but it hasn't. My gripe is that when I play as Scotland I can only recruit 10 regiments of Highland Foot. Obviously this is seeing as how it's the only line infantry Scotland has. Is there any way to lift this limit? Thanks for any feedback.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Mendicant Bias View Post
    Hi, long time reader of these forums, first time poster. I downloaded this mod in the hopes it would solve my problem but it hasn't. My gripe is that when I play as Scotland I can only recruit 10 regiments of Highland Foot. Obviously this is seeing as how it's the only line infantry Scotland has. Is there any way to lift this limit? Thanks for any feedback.
    I think you need to enter the in-game data pack file with PFM (Find it in the mod workshop forum), then go into unit_tables, find the entry for Highland Foot. Then you find the max unit number, you change that to 0.

Big Pacha's Avatar Campidoctor

Icon14 Re: Missing Units Mod (e.g. factions cannot recruit fleets)

NAP_PFM FTW!!!

Pacha's Tip: I simplified the process (see OP) by directly editing the MissUnits.pack file into the PFM & then manually added dhows (trade ships) for my Ottomans. Just "Add new row" & fill accurately the 3 slots using the units list (just to get the correct unit name)

HusserlTW, you rock thanks again.

Default Re: Missing Units Mod

Quote Originally Posted by AK47 View Post
    Well what happens when you add units like Brunswicker to Prussia is that when you load them up in battle they show up wearing ETW Line Infantry skins.
    Whether it is a cavalry or infantry unit it shows them in Line Infantry clothing.
    It also shows the unit cards as "place holders".
    Total opposite of what happend in ETW where you simply made the unit available to other nation and it showed up looking the same except for faction color.
    NTW apparently did something to make it harder for us.
    Hi guys,

So is there an easy way of getting the icons to appear correctly for different factions? I really want to play as Venice at the moment but having loads of generic unit icons for my infantry does my head in! I've added several units to Venice and want them to have decent icons. By the way, it's only land units which have the problem. The ships are all fine. Please help

Nevermind just a small mess up by me.
    Last edited by Maj.Gen. John E. Hawkins; May 24, 2011 at 07:54 PM.

Can I use this mod to subtract units? Specifically, steamships and ironclads.

What is a .tsv files opened with? I get an error with notepad.

Husser, is there a way to give to single region factions such as Naples, Sicily and Sardinia trade ports instead of dockyards? The point of having dockyard for these factions it's pointless because they never use their warships, they just have them sitting down at their ports, and generally only recruit 3.

thxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx very match

Many thanks (after 3 years ). Didn't take much more than 20 minutes for me as a newbie to get it working. It even works with calc (openoffice). So glad that the ottomans now can have their trading ships. Found it really hard without the tradeincome. Ivory is now going to be mine, hehe.

As far as I can see, there's ita_venice, but not venice. Does that mean it's still impossible to have a Venetian navy in the European campaign?

Where is the attached file or download link?

I don't suppose anyone still has this mod handy?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast