MISSING UNIT MODI 've received many reports about factions that cannot recruit some units. For example some factions cannot recruit naval or Mamelukes can't recruit mameluke cavalry!!! I've checked units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions table and I saw that things are slightly different here than Empire. In Empire, factions had some common units and in units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions where included some exclusions or some extra permissions. In NTW seems that only permissions are included detailed for every faction and the units that can have in game. For some reason some faction are lucking of certain units.
I've make this little tweak-mod so players can solve this problem. The mod pack contains only the vanilla units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions. Players can add the right entries for the extra units their factions want to have. Experienced players in modding can do this easily by themselves. Here are detailed instructions for new players in modding NTW.
1. Download and extract the attached file in a working folder on your desktop.
2. Open units.xls and units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions.TSV using a spread sheet like OpenOffice or Excel.
3. From units.xls you can pick the unit(s) you want to add and the exact faction name and enter them in units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions.TSV. Be careful to choose the right faction name depending the campaign. For example there is faction ottomans but also there is egy_ottomans. In cases like these I suggest to assign the units in both factions.
4. Enter the entries in units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions.TSV in the right order:
In the following image you can see the entries so Papal States can have naval units:Code:unit name / faction name / True
5. Save and close units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions.TSV. With NAP_PFM open MissUnit_mod.pack. Go to in my_units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions table end from top choose Import TSV. Point to units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions.TSV you've prepared and save the pack.
6. Copy the MissUnit_mod.pack in you [NTW] data folder. Also add the user.script file in your C:\Users\(User Name)\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts. If you already have one there gust copy the content.