Thread: Is it only me?

Default Is it only me?

Is it only me, or are there only about three battles going on, one campaign going on, and no drop-in battles at any time?

Tertius's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Is it only me?

Change steam download region to correspond with peak hours.

ie: at 1800 GMT, switch to the UK server.

Change steam download region to correspond with peak hours.

ie: at 1800 GMT, switch to the UK server.
    Wait... Are you saying that I can only play against euopeans if my download region is set to UK? This must be why I am almost always playing against people who can't speak english. If this is really the case, then I hate steam very very much. And I dislike CA for doing this to us. I'd probably be better off changing my download region to USA if this is the case... How do I do that?

Lol, i'm still laughing at how stupid this is. I sure hope i misunderstood.

Same as the poster above, I'd like to know how to join the US servers. I am bored with only about three battles going on that have password locks.

you can improve it by switching download regions, but you'll find your original post still mainly rings true. Dl regions wont help quick battles or campaign battles, but it will make 10-20 additional games pop-up.
    He who travels in search of knowledge, walks in the path of god. -Muhammad

STEAM can arange download zone randomy during updates, so your can be set to china or Australia without you knowing it.

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."
    - W. Churchill

Tertius's Avatar Foederatus

NTW has decentralized servers. Brutal for the community. Anyways, here's how to change it.

Launch Steam
    1) go to File
    2) click 'settings'
    3) click 'download' tab
    4) change Download Region to whatever region you so desire.

So if I have my download region set to my own country... I won't get to play against people outside of europe? But the americans get to play against people who speak english all of the time?

I'd rather have GS add numbers to my username than play against people who say "no steak english" at the start of every game and never follow the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by YourOnlineHero View Post
    So if I have my download region set to my own country... I won't get to play against people outside of europe? But the americans get to play against people who speak english all of the time?

I'd rather have GS add numbers to my username than play against people who say "no steak english" at the start of every game and never follow the rules.
    You'll play with whoever also has their download region set to the same location as yours. However, if you join steam groups you'll be playing with the people from those groups as well regardless of where they have their download region set as.
    If, however, the enemy should display a capacity for resistance against all human expectations, then the battalions must attack when they are within twenty paces, or better still, within ten paces, and give the enemy a strong volley in the face. - Frederick II, the Great

Yep i had around 20 games in the list last night, and over ten in mp campaign list.