Thread: Pictures of Maltese Historical sites.

Default Pictures of Maltese Historical sites.

Examples Of Maltese Pre-Historical Temples.

The temples date from 4000 - 2500 BC. They are older than Stonehenge, older than the Pyramids. Their architecture is beautiful and inspiring, their scale impressive yet human. Excellently preserved, they were covered with soil from early times and ignored by the long march of history. They were rediscovered and carefully restored by European and native Maltese archaeologists beginning in the 19th century. Because of their uniqueness and beauty, the major temple complexes are deservedly designated as UNESCO World Heritage Sites.

http://web.infinito.it/utenti/m/malt...hagar/qim.html

Another link to maltese History.

Now Some Pictures I took {For Siblesz}

Looking from Valetta onto the three Cities.

Looking from the Inner Defenses and "Barrakka Gardens" onto the Outer Defences Of Valetta complete with connecting Bridge.

Oberge De Castile.

More buildings in Valetta and the Ruined Opera House Destroyed in WW2 by German Bombers.

Valetta's Land Defenses.

Looking from Valetta at the port. {Valletta}

Looking Down At An American Battleship from the walls of Valletta.

Valetta:

Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

Søren's Avatar ܁
    Patrician Citizen Magistrate Administrator Emeritus

Looks to be a very nic city. Good photos.

Rolanbek's Avatar Malevolent Revenent
    Citizen

did you grab a drink at the Battery.?

Or wander over to M'dina and catch the view all the way across the Island?

I have some pictures of the Citadella on Gozo (if i can find them)

I love the place

R
    November 06, 2006 02:10 PM If I knew you were going to populate the Curia with cheapshots, you never would have gotten promoted. - Anon

Love mail from when Rep came with daggers to stab you...
    Join the Curia, loudmouths spewing bile for your entertainment.
    Contents:Sirloin of deceased Equine, your choice of hot or cold revenge, All served on a bed of barrel shavings. may contain nuts

Done done and done... I live there. :wink:
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Quote Originally Posted by Tal Jacobus Maximus
    More buildings in Valetta and the Ruined Opera House Destroyed in WW2 by German Bombers.
    The tour guides say to German tourists that Italians bombed it and to Italians that Germans bombed it

Thanks for these pics Jacobus Maximus!
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

It was both.. Germans were the worst apparently.

No probs. More whenever I have my camera on me. :wink:

Rolanbek's Avatar Malevolent Revenent
    Citizen

Done done and done... I live there
    Well, knock me down with a feather.

Sorry I thought they were from a recent visit, and didn't mean to go all 'wide eyed tourist' on you.

I really enjoyed the Caravaggios in the cathedral though

R
    November 06, 2006 02:10 PM If I knew you were going to populate the Curia with cheapshots, you never would have gotten promoted. - Anon

Love mail from when Rep came with daggers to stab you...
    Join the Curia, loudmouths spewing bile for your entertainment.
    Contents:Sirloin of deceased Equine, your choice of hot or cold revenge, All served on a bed of barrel shavings. may contain nuts

No probs, the Pictures were removed and you have to pay to see them now.. we need the money.

MareNostrum's Avatar Wanted: Dead or Alive
    The Netherlands. For those white trailer trash who dont know: Its a small country in Europe.

.....Looking Down At An American Battleship from the walls of Valletta...

Dear Ahmed Sis Kebabi,

Easy Target found... American Battleship in Malta..Could get totally owned.. Send my regards to Osama.. Tell him that he still ows me a beer from our little camel race..

With Kind Regards,

Abdul Azzizi Wazzizi Junior aka
    MareNostrum aka Dances with Sheep

senior target seeker of the 1st Terrorist Non-Blowing infantry division, and official goalkeeper of FC Al-Queda

Malta really looks nice..
    I might visit it next summer...

if I have the $$$
    Last edited by MareNostrum; October 09, 2005 at 05:23 PM.

Proud Patron of: Antea, Archer, Banzai Kamikaze, Dromikaites, Ldvs
    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Quote Originally Posted by MN
    Malta really looks nice..
    I might visit it next summer...

if I have the $$$
    Well you need 4 times the cash you think! One Maltese pound is 2.83290 $$$$$$
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate Administrator Emeritus

Default Re: Pictures of Maltese Historical sites.

I think I will visit you LV....