Thread: Battles of the Coalition?

Default Battles of the Coalition?

I think that creative assembly has done something pretty cool with the Battles of Napoleon. I like the idea that you have to win each battle to move onto the next, it's a refreshing twist on the historic battle mode that makes it more compelling to play. Though the AI seems scripted, the battles are still tough and from a tactical standpoint are more interesting than the usual campaign stuff.

Now, with that said, I have to ask: why no Battles of the Coalition? I think that being able to play as Coalition forces in Napoleon's significant defeats would be a lot of fun (including Trafalgar, Nile, and Waterloo where as of now you can only play as Napoleon). Maybe CA could offer this as some kind of downloadable content perhaps? There are some cool battles that could be included:

Battle of Aspern Essling
    Battle of Salamanca
    Battle of Leipzig
    Battle of Arcis sur Aube

I'm sure there are others but I can't think of any off of the top of my head. Anyways, just a thought...

LuckyLewis's Avatar Loutre
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: Battles of the Coalition?

While I do agree with you, you can actually play the historic battles as the coalition forces by starting a local multiplayer game, setting the French to be computer-controlled and playing as one of the coalition armies instead. It's pretty fun, I've won the battle of Trafalgar as the British.

Although, yes, it would be nice to see some other battles such as the ones you have suggested, However, I still think what has been done already is a big improvement over the previous historical battle set up from other Total War games, usually I never touch them, but there is something about Napoleon's battles which makes them far more enjoyable.
    Muh signature is so out of date all muh pictures died.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewing In Brooklyn View Post
    I think that creative assembly has done something pretty cool with the Battles of Napoleon. I like the idea that you have to win each battle to move onto the next, it's a refreshing twist on the historic battle mode that makes it more compelling to play. Though the AI seems scripted, the battles are still tough and from a tactical standpoint are more interesting than the usual campaign stuff.

Now, with that said, I have to ask: why no Battles of the Coalition? I think that being able to play as Coalition forces in Napoleon's significant defeats would be a lot of fun (including Trafalgar, Nile, and Waterloo where as of now you can only play as Napoleon). Maybe CA could offer this as some kind of downloadable content perhaps? There are some cool battles that could be included:

Battle of Aspern Essling
    Battle of Salamanca
    Battle of Leipzig
    Battle of Arcis sur Aube

I'm sure there are others but I can't think of any off of the top of my head. Anyways, just a thought...

I agree - iim finding the restictions on who you can play (Mostly France) and cant play (everyone else) as very stifling and restrictive... This was a mistake on the part of CA for sure...

It's strange since Kieran played the battle of Austerlitz as the Russians according to 1 review the Russians also had unicons so maybe we will get battles of the coalition (+some extra napoleon battles)

Did the two people above me not read Luckylewis' post?

Can you imagine Leipzig that would be epic